Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would anyone be shocked by any athlete being on PEDs in this day and age?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm only shocked when they refuse to test, or make up excuses why they cant.

Comment

Originally posted by chilly9876 View Post
      It wouldnt suprise me either...why???

Can any of you say u never cheat even a little when u play a sport??? saying the ball went off/out when it didnt etc??? now imagine the game was worth millions would that want to make you cheat more or less?

You ever been at work and taken a longer break?taken a day off and lied why u were off?acted like u were working when u werent? Done something sneaky to make sure u get paid more or dont get paid less?

All these things are a form of cheating..

Face it we all do these things so why wouldnt professional athletes cheat???To us cheating means a couple of dollars at most..to them its worth millions.

Most boxers admit that they fight dirty if they have to..isnt that cheating also? so why would a fighter elbow,rabbit punch, headbutt etc to win a fight but not use drugs???

I believe most use them and think most who read this post would use them if they were put into the same position.
      All ball going out of bounds is the refs fault. Elbows and rabbit punches happen, because of the refs. If the refs don't call it, then no, it isn't cheating.

And theres a difference between taking ONE day off of work and cheating constantly for years

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...9868/index.htm

A scenario, from a 1995 poll of 198 sprinters, swimmers, powerlifters and other assorted athletes, most of them U.S. Olympians or aspiring Olympians: You are offered a banned performance-enhancing substance, with two guarantees: 1) You will not be caught. 2) You will win. Would you take the substance?

One hundred and ninety-five athletes said yes; three said no.

Scenario II: You are offered a banned performance-enhancing substance that conies with two guarantees: 1) You will not be caught. 2) You will win every competition you enter for the next five years, and then you will die from the side effects of the substance. Would you take it?

More than half the athletes said yes.

It is no secret that performance-enhancing drugs have been used by Olympians for decades, or that athletes will do almost anything to gain a competitive edge. (Chicago physician and author Bob Goldman has conducted the above survey every two years since 1982 and has gotten more or less the same response each time.) What is surprising is that 25 years after the introduction of supposedly rigorous drug testing of Olympic athletes, the use of banned performance-enhancing substances has apparently become more widespread, and effective, than ever. "There may be some sportsmen who can win gold medals without taking drugs, but there are very few," says Dutch physician Michel Karsten, who claims to have prescribed anabolic steroids to hundreds of world-class athletes from swimming, track and field and the non-Olympic sport of powerlifting over the last 25 years. "If you are especially gifted, you may win once, but from my experience you can't continue to win without drugs. The held is just too filled with drug users."

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
          Whether it be Pacquiao, Mayweather, an NFL star, cyclist, track star, etc...People acting like there's NO way so and so is on something.

"Oh my god, what a shock, an athlete at the highest level of the sport takes something to recover quicker from workouts to train harder and improve performance!!! What a shock!!!"

And my favorite excuse of all, "he doesn't look like the type to cheat."

Why yes, looks and public image tells us so much about what an athlete really is like.

It's very simple...........the P4P#1, FOTD, Hero of Asia and man of god turned down an opportunity to do somehting noble, something that would help the sport which made him-----> instead he acts like a ***** and files a lawsuit because the Mayweathers and GBP hurt his delicate little feelings.....

Comment

Working...
          X