No announcement yet.

North vs South: John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell Official Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Yup, I was all set to bet a big amount on Murray, but when I saw that you were picking Mitchell I decided to back Kev all the way to the bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleaver View Post
      Sweetest av in the thread. =]

"Only love can make it rain, the way the beach is kissed by the sea..."

Comment

• Speaking of 70s bands, I saw Johnny Rotten in the pub yesterday. I considered saying something, but I am not and never was a fan of TSP so I would've felt dishonest really. Still, it was mildly interesting.

The chef I work with was going to approach him with a pen and paper and then say "here's my autograph Johnny" but apparently when his mate tried that with Jonathon Ross it got a bad reception so he gave it a miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Speaking of 70s bands, I saw Johnny Rotten in the pub yesterday. I considered saying something, but I am not and never was a fan of TSP so I would've felt dishonest really. Still, it was mildly interesting.

The chef I work with was going to approach him with a pen and paper and then say "here's my autograph Johnny" but apparently when his mate tried that with Jonathon Ross it got a bad reception so he gave it a miss.
          I lahhhhhv the Pistols, but still wouldn't have approched if it was me, I let people be if they're just minding their own in public. Except the time I saw Peter Barlow on platform 7 in Manc Picadilly and asked him how his drink problem was going with a big grin (he did that Peter Barlow 'hands-in-pockets shrug and scowl' at me). Johnny is known to be a really fan-friendly guy, though.

If not the Pistols, how do you rate P.I.L.?

Comment

• I have to admit that I've never listened to them. I may have heard something of theirs over the years but a quick glance through their song titles doesn't ring any bells.

He acted like a regular guy, no moaning about waiting to be served or anything silly like that. But then that's what I'd expect based upon things I'd heard. Drank Fosters.

Suggs was in before but walked out because he couldn't be bothered waiting in line. A friend of mine served him while working in HMV and said he was off his face on a bit of an arse. Still, I have to admit that I might have been a tad fanboyish if meeting him.

Comment

Working...
            X