No announcement yet.

What gloves are good for sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gloves are good for sparring?

What kind of gloves are good for sparring? I am trying to get some 16oz that have some pop and are not just pillows of protection? I don't have the most power, so hitting with 16 takes a little off already. What kind of gloves would be good so that the guys I am sparring feel my punch? I know I know, I have been working on developing power, and that is the real answer to my question, but what gloves will help me have my sparring partners feel it a little more. Thanks...just a suggestion fellas. I am about to buy a pair. What do you think?

the fighting brand feels like 14's and they have most of the padding and weight in the wrist.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by you want them to "feel you punch". Sparring is about developing technique, not as much about making your sparring partner feel your power to the point where your sole focus is to hurt them... That being said, Reyes makes some sparring gloves that just like their fight gloves, are more of a punchers gloves. Your sparring partners will definitely feel your punches more so than with any other gloves. If your coach really knows boxing, he'll know this and won't let you use Reyes to spar. No matter what gloves use, if you lack power the gloves aren't going to make that big of a difference anyway.
      Last edited by rskumm21; 03-07-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Get the best balance of protection and practicality you can. If you can hurt them through protective gloves its more of an indication your power is improving.

Its not bad to hurt your partners in boxing, but its bad to buy equipment that will hurt them

Comment

Grant pro training. Nothing else.

Comment

I've own both the Grant Pro Training Gloves and the Fighting Sports Tri-tech gloves, you really can't go wrong with either of them, there both great gloves. Haven't tried the Reyes but I heard they aren't to sparring partner friendly.

Comment

I actually think I am going to get the fighting tri tech gloves. I bought the Winning head gear 2900, as I am attorney and need to use by brain daily, so I must protect it...lol. However, since I only will be sparring once a week, i did not feel like I need to spend that much on winning gloves too.

Comment

How comes only sparring once a week? spar as much as you can, the more you spar the better you get

Comment

Originally posted by danny13 View Post
                  What kind of gloves are good for sparring? I am trying to get some 16oz that have some pop and are not just pillows of protection? I don't have the most power, so hitting with 16 takes a little off already. What kind of gloves would be good so that the guys I am sparring feel my punch? I know I know, I have been working on developing power, and that is the real answer to my question, but what gloves will help me have my sparring partners feel it a little more. Thanks...just a suggestion fellas. I am about to buy a pair. What do you think?
                  To be honest man you dont need gloves that are gonna hurt your sparring partner, of course you want your punches to be felt but you shouldnt buy gloves for SPARRING to hurt your partner, its not a real fight, and if I was your sparring partner and I knew you bought gloves for the sole intent of making me feel your punches, i would do everything i could to drop you on your ass and embarass you, not trying to hate, but it sounds like you are in it for the wrong reason dude, get a good pair of gloves, but dont think about hurtin a partner, save it for the actual fight kid!

Comment

^^ This is exactly it. save the macho **** for the ring, you go to the gym to learn

Comment

Working...
                    X