No announcement yet.

Top 10 P4P hardest hitters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    I can contest Valero's addition to the list for the same reason we don't see Jamie Garza and Tyrone Brunson on the list.
    Which one of those guys were undefeated 2 division champions?

Comment

I can contest Valero's addition to the list for the same reason we don't see Jamie Garza and Tyrone Brunson on the list.
      Garza is a valid comparison. He looked like he was going to be a legend for awhile. He won a title and could really hit. Brunson was exposed as a fraud though long before he was any type of contender.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Which one of those guys were undefeated 2 division champions?
        Joey Gamache was an undefeated two division champ. Bet no one could tell me who he beat for the WBA superfeatherweight and lightweight titles without looking it up.

My point was that Garza and Brunson were great punchers against who they were fighting but no one compares them to Carlos Zarate or Ruben Olivares for that same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Garza is a valid comparison. He looked like he was going to be a legend for awhile. He won a title and could really hit. Brunson was exposed as a fraud though long before he was any type of contender.
          Agree about Brunson, but I was questioning the level of opposition of Valerio with my statement. A level that I believe you might agree should be valuable in assessing all time lists.
          Last edited by TBear; 10-06-2012, 05:05 AM.

Comment

roberto duran
            thomas hearns
            wilfredo gomez
            george foreman
            rocky marcanio
            earnie shavers
            joe louis
            jimmy wild
            archie moore
            ray robinson

Comment

Agree about Brunson, but I was questioning the level of opposition of Valerio with my statement. A level that I you might agree should be valuable in assessing all time lists.
              I'm convinced about Valero's genuine power, but absolutely agree about standards for all time greatness. And based on achievements he doesn't cut it.

Comment

no order:

edwin valero
                jack dempsey
                sam langford
                stan ketchel
                bob fitzsimmons
                sonny liston
                george foreman
                ricardo lopez
                pipino cuevas
                julian jackson
                mike tyson
                joe louis
                rocky marciano
                roberto duran
                tommy hearns
                bob foster
                earnie shavers

more than 10, and there's a few missed no doubt.

Comment

Agree about Brunson, but I was questioning the level of opposition of Valerio with my statement. A level that I you might agree should be valuable in assessing all time lists.
                  Valero has stopped guys with track records of having great chins. Pitlua who allegedly hadn't been knocked down since the 90s. Demarco and Velazquez are 2 others.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Valero has stopped guys with track records of having great chins. Pitlua who allegedly hadn't been knocked down since the 90s. Demarco and Velazquez are 2 others.
                    Pitula was nearing 40, DeMarco was green and untested and Velazquez, who quit in the corner against Valero somehow got a title shot against Valero even though he had 14 losses including losing his previous fight to a 15-1 fighter.
                    If you put Barrera or Morales in with these guys they would have probably stopped them too. It wouldn't get them on an all time puncher list if they did.

Sorry man but I won't be convinced Valero has met any opponents capable enough to test his worth as an all time puncher. I call it as I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I'm convinced about Valero's genuine power, but absolutely agree about standards for all time greatness. And based on achievements he doesn't cut it.
                      And again I agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X