Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was never sold on Sergio Martinez the guy contradicts himself bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Martinez or Dibella said that he would have to cut off one of his legs to make 154. I also him blatantly ducking 2 of his mandatory Zbik and Pirog. He blamed it on HBO.

Pacquiao is still the only P4P fighter who consistently fights top 10 P4P opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      I remember Martinez or Dibella said that he would have to cut off one of his legs to make 154. I also him blatantly ducking 2 of his mandatory Zbik and Pirog. He blamed it on HBO.

Pacquiao is still the only P4P fighter who consistently fights top 10 P4P opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

no he isn't? he tried to cw cotto again but that failed so he was forced to fight jmm a 4TH time. you dont get credit for that.

Comment

When did Sergio say that about walking around under 168? Because it's a complete, boldfaced lie if he said since moving to middleweight.

Comment

Do you people know the difference between walk around weight and fight night weight? Walk around weight is how much you weight inbetween fights before starting training camp. Hatton and Bradley have both been known to have a walk around weight between 170-180 (mostly fat & water weight not muscle), but no one seems to think they should have been fighting at 168-175. By contrast, their fight night weight (the only one that counts) was usually around 150.

In Martinez's case his walk around weight (based on 30 day weigh-ins) can vary between 170-176, which tells us he probably typically weighs in the 170s. His fight night weight (the one that counts) typically varies between 165-167.

Also, TS needs to bring up his sources; I think he's just pulling out rabbits out of his ass. Particularly w/ the GGG comment, Martinez has always complemented Gennady and has has mentioned him as a possible opponent ever since he came into the scene.
            Last edited by BafanaBafana; 06-11-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

martinez is a roider who just got off roids, thus now he is past prime
              he looks alot smaller off the roids, maybe he could make 154 now

his footwork really is atrocious, people here always assume the best when you run around the ring, but for a guy who has great footwork and a guy like pacquiao who has sht footwork, pacquiao doesn't trip over himself in every fight

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God
                Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

The only thing Murray exposed was Martinez's age and lingering injuries which are really catching up to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominicano Soy

Don't see that at all, one would have to be lying to think that. Murray just carried it out at the perfect time.

The age and injuries are an excuse. Sergio is one of my favourite fighters and I thought he'd wipe the floor with those three who are quite average boxers but they exposed his flaws.

Sergio looked great against guys like Williams and Pavlik cos they walked onto his shots all night. Barker/Macklin/Murray showed that if you stay cautious with a good defence, Sergio becomes predictable with his combinations and you can time him with straight punches up the middle.
                You're no fan and those ain't no excuses. He stopped Macklin and Barker. He found a way to adapt and stop his opponents, how many fighters can do that at the top level?

40 years old with knee injuries and apparently hands too. Can't move or punch hard enough WTF do you want him to do? Its obvious his body is diterriating including his punch resistance, not goof signs when you have his style. Sorry but not everybody can be BHop.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by Check_hooks

no he isn't? he tried to cw cotto again but that failed so he was forced to fight jmm a 4TH time. you dont get credit for that.
                  Mayweather is CWeighing a guy who struggles to make 154 as it is... What's your point?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i hope martinez mans up one day and fights golovkin so that he can lose with dignity and pass the torch to the real #1 middleweight...

Comment

Show me one boxer that doesn't contradict himself... Stupid/dumb boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X