No announcement yet.

Rankings -WTF??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankings -WTF??

Can someone explain to me what gives with the rankings these days? Both the official rankings in the various governing bodies and unofficial one like 'ring' etc I mean as a UK boxing fan (fanatic if I'm honest) I love the idea of Anthony Joshua being right at the top of the heavyweight division but not after 16 fights against er...limited opposition? I mean he's somehow found himself in mandatory positions, I think the IBF has him as number 2 in the world (last I looked, could have changed now) but I mean thats ridiculous. He could be fighting Charles Martin for a world title in the next few months if it gets made and I just think that its too fast. Hes not the only example. Take Vasyl Lomachenko. Looks like a really bright prospect, slick as hell, defensively blessed, really classy looking kid. Ring have him at number 1 in the featherweight division...after 6 fights!! You have guys with much more impressive resumes below him in that list, some unbeaten (which I dont think he is) Leo santa cruz is 31 or 32 and 0 with 1 draw...I mean, I really dont get it..It seems like certain people have certain favourites based on certain (uneducated imho) criteria and the chosen ones seem to just get 'ushered' to the top on a red carpet while naked chicks scatter rose petals at their feet...This is boxing right?

I think with loma they're going on potential. But you're right I hope his next opponent is a top dog

Comment

Dunno...I agree that Lomachenko looks like hes gonna be a bit special but I dont see how he warrants a number 1 rating. Ring say their ratings are based on a few things, one though is results and they say it takes precedence over everything else, well he's had 6 results and one was a loss! How does that put him ahead of guys like Leo santa cruz whos had 32 results, none of which were losses! Its just weird....thought some of the guys here might be able to shed some light on it..

Comment

So despite Lomachenko having more fights in the division and beating one of the top current champions you think Leo deserves it over him? For beating a guy who's claim to the division is getting KOd by gonzalez in Mares? :/

Loma is ranked number one by default in a sense. Leo Santa Cruz will never deserve a number 1 spot for dodging number 1 fighters -cough-Rigo-cough-

I used to be a big fan but Leo isn't the best at 126. He wouldn't beat Loma I'd bet on it. Does Walters even count as 126 anymore? Hell..I'm not sure I'd like Leo's chances vs the current Donaire at 122 OR 126.

How has Lomachenko already come in and has fought Salido's cheating a ss and GRJ (who KOd Gonzalez) and we can't get Leo to man up in 30+ fights? Leo did NOT come up from 122 as number one and thus doesnt get the recognition. He needs to fight for it and as far as I know, only loma seems to be the only one trying to make the tough fights.

You know guys are playing the political boxing duck off when a guy with less than 10 fights gets more respect than you

Comment

1. Divisional Ranking are given to the highest bidder.

2. Loma is Top Dog at FW, no one in the division deserves to be ranked above him so therefore he's ranked 1. Number of fights have nothing to do with ranking. Loma stepped up in his 2nd fight. LSC stepped up in his 34th.

Comment

Working...
          X