Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Fury beats Wlad more convincingly in the rematch, what exactly does it mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Fury beats Wlad more convincingly in the rematch, what exactly does it mean?

Would it tell you that Fury is elite? Or that Wlad is old and washed up? Or perhaps a combination of both?

Now what if Wlad not just beats Fury, but dominates him and maybe even KO's him? What does that mean to you?

It tells me that the number one heavyweight will still be Fury. However, it depends on who he fights after that as to whether he stays there. He beat the man who'd been at the top for a decade. It's a huge accomplishment either way.

And Wlad didn't show any signs he was diminished. He just couldn't pull the trigger against a guy who gave him angles and movement all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      Would it tell you that Fury is elite? Or that Wlad is old and washed up? Or perhaps a combination of both?

Now what if Wlad not just beats Fury, but dominates him and maybe even KO's him? What does that mean to you?
      If Wlad hammers Fury in the rematch, then he lost the first time because he was being stubborn and a *****. That or the rumors that he threw the fight might be true... I mean if he loses to Fury then beats him convincingly does lots to his legacy if you think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Kovalev #1 View Post
        If Wlad hammers Fury in the rematch, then he lost the first time because he was being stubborn and a *****. That or the rumors that he threw the fight might be true... I mean if he loses to Fury then beats him convincingly does lots to his legacy if you think about it
        Hmm. Does Wlad KOing him erase the first loss? Or the stigma of it?

Comment

Hmm. Does Wlad KOing him erase the first loss? Or the stigma of it?
          It depends how the rematch goes down. If Wlad beats Fury senseless for 6 rounds and brutally KO's him.. that first fight will be much less impressive than it already is. ****ing horrible fight, from both sides. They clinched each other nonstop, threw hardly at all, it was garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Kovalev #1 View Post
            It depends how the rematch goes down. If Wlad beats Fury senseless for 6 rounds and brutally KO's him.. that first fight will be much less impressive than it already is. ****ing horrible fight, from both sides. They clinched each other nonstop, threw hardly at all, it was garbage
            I agree. But if fury wins again in a really boring fight ala the first one, I would still consider him elite. A win is a win

Comment

I agree. But if fury wins again in a really boring fight ala the first one, I would still consider him elite. A win is a win
              I fully expect Wilder to beat Fury if he gets past Povetkin. Wilder will be the future of this division IMHO

I don't want Fury to be the center of the HW division, he's entertaining outside the ring.. wish I could say he is inside. I feel he'll start fighting any elite competition the way he did vs Wlad.. I am really not interested, we dealt with that for a while (Mayweather) - (Wlad, at least he KO's people though)
              Last edited by Champ Wilder; 01-20-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

If Wlad beats him convincingly then he'll prove he was just playing in the first fight, but how many times has Wlad ever beat anyone convincingly? For those who think Wlad will try to KO Fury or beat him up you are deluded. Wlad will try to outbox and win the fights on points, he reckons if he increases his work rate without hurting Fury it will be an easy win, but it won't work...Fury will get the decision either way - he's too popular right now to lose on points. Wlad needs to retire after the rematch, his time is over and promoters, WBA and judges don't want him back to infect a reviving division with his sterile coma-inducing style. Also, he's too stale and stupid to adapt like Ali when he made his come back. It'll just be the same old insipid performance. There was no buzz about him when he was the champion and no one is excited about him fighting again. I hope he gets knocked out so his commie fans can finally stop with their boring ass rants.

Comment

That fury is the #1 heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                    If Wlad beats him convincingly then he'll prove he was just playing in the first fight, but how many times has Wlad ever beat anyone convincingly? For those who think Wlad will try to KO Fury or beat him up you are deluded. Wlad will try to outbox and win the fights on points, he reckons if he increases his work rate without hurting Fury it will be an easy win, but it won't work...Fury will get the decision either way - he's too popular right now to lose on points. Wlad needs to retire after the rematch, his time is over and promoters, WBA and judges don't want him back to infect a reviving division with his sterile coma-inducing style. Also, he's too stale and stupid to adapt like Ali when he made his come back. It'll just be the same old insipid performance. There was no buzz about him when he was the champion and no one is excited about him fighting again. I hope he gets knocked out so his commie fans can finally stop with their boring ass rants.
                    Tremendous post.

Comment

Working...
                    X