No announcement yet.

Unless you were in Ortiz shoe's, stay quiet"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless you were in Ortiz shoe's, stay quiet"

Paulie Malignaggi understands because he's a fighter. Any poster who has never fought, needs to at least respect the sport and those who have and called Ortiz a quitter, shame on you because you should know better.

Ortiz suffered one of the worst broken jaws I have ever seen. I have never seen the jaw literally crack in half and he fought that way for 5 rounds.

I got nothing bad to say about Ortiz.

Comment

I've said this since the fight... the quit against Maidana was unforgivable to me... but the jaw situation. I don't blame him, honestly.

Comment

that's true, he fought a few rounds with the jaw smashed and it was something

Comment

plus his corner stopped it right? they wouldn't let him continue. but he quit against maidana and against mayweather. that you can't deny.

Comment

Malignaggi is great. Future legend commentator and analyst.

He's right, people on their couch are too quick to call fighters cowards. ANY fighter deserves respect because it takes a lot of mental pressure to prepare for a fight and actually fighting a guy trying to fuck you up.

Ortiz had a nasty injury and no one should bash him for not fighting on, it looked painfull then and it looks bad even as of right now. Then again, people will always be assholes and will never understand. Some don't even know what it feels like to get punched in the head yet have the audacity to call a fighter coward...

Comment

Paulie didn't quit after getting his face destroyed by Cotto:

Comment

IMHO paying fans can say whatever they want but should also know not all quitting are the same .... too bad for Ortiz he had history

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                  Malignaggi is great. Future legend commentator and analyst.

He's right, people on their couch are too quick to call fighters cowards. ANY fighter deserves respect because it takes a lot of mental pressure to prepare for a fight and actually fighting a guy trying to fuck you up.

Ortiz had a nasty injury and no one should bash him for not fighting on, it looked painfull then and it looks bad even as of right now. Then again, people will always be assholes and will never understand. Some don't even know what it feels like to get punched in the head yet have the audacity to call a fighter coward...
                  Yup, I can't count how many times I have seen tough guys walk into our gym and then fold like cowards in sparring.

It takes a different type of human being to do what these men do. As much as I don't like Mayweather the person, I had serious issues with Wilbon for calling him a coward time and time again. Fat boy sitting behind a desk calling a pro fighter a coward.....amazing.

Comment

The fact is... he didn't quit when he got his jaw broken, that needs to be greatly taken into consideration... he continued to fight round after round with a smashed jaw... and then eventually the pain was overhwelming, probably to the point he couldn't even concentrate on fighting anymore.

But he didn't quit as soon as it happened... he kept going.

Comment

Working...
                    X