No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson KOd Allen Green too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Johnson KOd Allen Green too

Good shot by Kessler but let's keep it in perspective!

word nice sig

Comment

It's the main reason why I'm not ready to call it the knock out of the year yet.

Comment

thats what I said in the other thread and people got mad. I said it had more to do with Green being shot and Im a Kessler fan

Comment

Glen is a badazz dude when it comes to fighting.

Comment

glen had to chop him down for nine rounds....and didnt almost kill him

he also didnt get dropped, but honestly, the distanceat which he fights and style of kessler made him pretty vulnerable to green's only strength, his powershots....

people need to enjoy a punch or a good fight when we have it and stop trying to ruin the party for everyone....

Comment

It was a vicious knockout who cares who it was against.

Its not like KO of the year has to be a championship fight every year. No one is really talking about how Kessler is gonna be Ward or something now they are just saying it was a great KO, which it was.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                It's the main reason why I'm not ready to call it the knock out of the year yet.
                Knockout of the year doesn't necessarily mean the most high profile knockout. There just haven't been too many notable knockouts recently so Kessler's is up there.

I don't think anyone has any false ideas based on this KO. Allan Green was there to lose and Kessler looked rusty and shaky for a moment, as he has largely ever since the Calzaghe fight. He just hasn't been able to put an active, relevant string of fights together with the constant injuries hindering his campaign.

Kessler is still one of the top super middleweights out there and deserves to compete against the best, whether he is a betting favorite to win or not.

I definitely think he is a level above the likes of Stieglitz and Abraham but not quite up there with Ward or Bute (as of this moment), much like Carl Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  It is KO of the year so far...

I'm pretty sure Miranda's KO of Banks was KO of the year and Banks is hardly world class opposition, probably alot worse than Green

Comment

Kessler landed a sweet punch to say the least but its still not a great win considering the competition. Green never beat a top fighter, simple as that. Mainstream fans always get carried away after a big knockout regardless of who it is against, in reality this was nothing but a warmup after his layoff.

Comment

Working...
                    X