Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMH... James Watson selling Nobel Prize.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMH... James Watson selling Nobel Prize.

He said because nobody wants to ¨admit he exists.¨ And he needs the money because he's been long abandoned by the scientific community.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/1...t-I-exist.html

I find it amusing he says he's hurting financially yet wants to buy a piece of art from one of the most expensive artists in the world. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      I find it amusing he says he's hurting financially yet wants to buy a piece of art from one of the most expensive artists in the world. Makes sense.
      Though Art pieces are not gold substitutes , they can be considered as "safe heaven" for investment. It's an alternative to gold (well , sort of).

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post
        He said because nobody wants to ¨admit he exists.¨ And he needs the money because he's been long abandoned by the scientific community.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/1...t-I-exist.html
        Yes , and it's his own fault. Hitting liberals with unfiltered , scientific fact ? Takes balls...But that's a no-no in today's Orwellian PC world. He made a great decision imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 231 View Post
          Though Art pieces are not gold substitutes , they can be considered as "safe heaven" for investment. It's an alternative to gold (well , sort of).
          True, but it seemed, based on the article , that he wanted it for the sake of art not for financial reasons.

Comment

Yes , and it's his own fault. Hitting liberals with unfiltered , scientific fact ? Takes balls...But that's a no-no in today's Orwellian PC world. He made a great decision imo.
            This here....

Comment

Yup...

They want to live in their fantasy world where ¨race is a social construct" with no scientific basis to it...

And to say otherwise is racist, and you will be ruined.

As much as I love the field of science, cultural marxism is starting to leak into it (well, already has been leaking in), and scientists become afraid of presenting the truth.

Comment

Science is the field where it's most important to keep politics, beliefs, everything out of.

There shouldn't be one single fact we're afraid of knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  True, but it seemed, based on the article , that he wanted it for the sake of art not for financial reasons.
                  However much he may need the money or not, I got that he is disgusted with the scientific community for abandoning on his research, and ideas, because they go against the mainstream, egalitarian, social views.

Thus he doesn't care about the Prize anymore, and sees it as more of a cultural award, and is given for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

this guys believes your IQ is directly related to your race, he says black people have smaller brains or sometshit like that lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X