No announcement yet.

Lou Dibella: Willie Nelson wants to fight James Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
    Wolfe, Roach, God 1 and God 2...... none of them will help Kirkland in that fight
    In what fight? With Willie Nelson?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      In what fight? With Willie Nelson?
      Exact same thing will happen with Ishida. Ishida was landing almost at will at mister raging bull

Comment

That's what wins him fights.
        I agree, Wolfe is only good for him but style-wise, he is a come forward slugger who comes to knock you out. He is crap against a mover, he is short, has short arms, and bad stamina overall. Not saying he is complete garbage all around but against a guy with that kind of a reach and height advantage, he is going to be in for a long night, Wolfe or no Wolfe.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          6-3 height, 81 inch reach compared to 5-10 height and 70 inch reach. Those are some physically imposing disadvantages to have to overcome.
          dude nelson has awful punch resistance, he was banged around by the cuello guy for the last few rounds. i like the dude and has good skills but he can't take a big punch.

Comment

I would favor Kirkland btw. Willie didn't not look durable vs a small fighter his last time out. If Kirkland gets past the first round he beats Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I agree, Wolfe is only good for him but style-wise, he is a come forward slugger who comes to knock you out. He is crap against a mover, he is short, has short arms, and bad stamina overall. Not saying he is complete garbage all around but against a guy with that kind of a reach and height advantage, he is going to be in for a long night, Wolfe or no Wolfe.
              Bad stamina????

Conditioning mixed with power is what wins Kirk fights

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                dude nelson has awful punch resistance, he was banged around by the cuello guy for the last few rounds. i like the dude and has good skills but he can't take a big punch.
                He has leverage is my point. In a fight against Kirkland, he would be on his game, he likely under estimated his opponent when he fought Cuello. Cuello isn't exactly a bum either I might add, his record is basically the same as Kirkland's (if you count the loss he should have had against Molina and the robbery against Chavez jr in Mexico for Cuello).

It wouldn't be easy for Kirkland, the guy is a bruiser, nothing more to his game than that. He is like Jeff Lacy....scary up front until you realize that you can box circles around the guy and if you are tall, he is a midget, use your height and reach and punish him whenever he tries to come inside.

Comment

Bad stamina????

Conditioning mixed with power is what wins Kirk fights
                  I guess, he is a hulking maniac who fires off at half speed after two rounds. He does have the stamina to keep throwing but normally it's a case of him having the ability to throw just a few more punches than the other tired guy across from him. The Molina fight was a prime example of how wasted he was compared to s mover type of boxer. Maybe he wasn't with Wolfe for that fight but the fact remains, he is jacked with muscles and muscles take oxygen to operate.

He looked wasted against Tapia and Tapia was just a little more wasted than he was which allowed him to get the win.

Comment

Working...
                  X