Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean when someone at work says "Don't work too hard"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean when someone at work says "Don't work too hard"?

If I had to take a guess I'd say the comment was made in a sarcastic tone, but I don't know for sure. I was just standing there and some guy said that to me as he walked by. I couldn't think of a witty response so I just said "Yeh.." and nodded my head.

What did he mean by that comment? How could I be working too hard if I was just standing there not really doing anything?

It's an old saying about how people were really busting their asses for 'the man' but not reaping the rewards like senior execs would. I don't take the comment as an insult, rather it's a good reminder to balance work with play.

Comment

He was being sarcastic and a d*ck because he knows what your job consists of. Don't let it bother you so much.

Comment

You are taking things too seriously, it's just a sarcastic saying. It's basically kinda like saying "Take it easy" imo.

Comment

only slackers get that comment from me.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
            You are taking things too seriously, it's just a sarcastic saying. It's basically kinda like saying "Take it easy" imo.
            This is what I figured at first because I've been told before that I have a serious look on my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
              If I had to take a guess I'd say the comment was made in a sarcastic tone, but I don't know for sure. I was just standing there and some guy said that to me as he walked by. I couldn't think of a witty response so I just said "Yeh.." and nodded my head.

What did he mean by that comment? How could I be working too hard if I was just standing there not really doing anything?
              Its usually, "Dont work too hard its not worth it"

cuz big companies like to fire people all the time.... especially if you want full time with benefits.

Comment

Nothing just means don't stress out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                  only slackers get that comment from me.
                  And even then theyre too stupid or lazy to care

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post

In my experience what he was really saying is that you're a lazy inept good for nothing piece of human waste that should be exterminated now and really should've been aborted at birth, and he's rooting for you to accidentally stumble into traffic where you'd get clipped by a 96' Honda Accord and then finished off and decapitated by an 18 wheeler going 30 over the speed limit

But that's just my experience

Comment

Working...
                    X