This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Being respectful to Hart if anything, no one would've paid his wages so us footing the bill is the only way for him to go and get first team football.

He wouldn't take a pay cut so it was either that or let him sit on the bench I imagine, not City's fault.

You pay Rooney 300k a week though.
    And I'm sure Valencia, Stoke and Sevilla are contributing 100% of Bumgala, Bony and Nasri's wages.

Ridiculous club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      And I'm sure Valencia, Stoke and Sevilla are contributing 100% of Bumgala, Bony and Nasri's wages.

Ridiculous club.
      Not sure what you're even moaning about.

It's not unusual for the club to pay a large chunk of their players' wages when loaning them to poorer clubs if that player earns a big salary. Not sure why this is new info to ya.

You reckon when you loaned players like Valdes/Nani out you didn't contribute to the wages? Bless.

Comment

• ''the great Mancini side''

wot

Comment

• The same one that needed a miracle and had to go life and death against a team with nothing to play for on the final day of the season to win the league...

''the great Mancini side''

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            ''the great Mancini side''

wot
            Comfortably greater than any Liverpool side you've seen in your lifetime innit?

Comment

Comfortably greater than any Liverpool side you've seen in your lifetime innit?
              Suarez > Man City's whole existence

so nah

Comment

You could see the Hart situation coming a mile off when Pep was first announced. Never had anything like the required standard of footballing ability to cope.

It is a bit of an emotional one for a lot of the fans, with him/Nasri/Zaba/Yaya all on the way out, think there's only really Kompany/Silva/Clichy/Kolarov/Aguero left from the great Mancini side. Hart was a fans favourite mainly cos he shouts random **** all the time and dances about.

Think Pep is removing all the big voices from the dressing room though. Kompany will go soon I reckon.

Did that Barca side even have a proper leader once Puyol faded though? Xavi/Iniesta weren't exactly vocal, the team was so cohesive that they didn't really need a single leader in essence.

Coming together pretty nicely so far. I'm not worried. No one has played like a leader for us in a few years anyway.
                Probably true about Barca.

Really couldn't stand that team though as everyone in here knows. Maybe that was it. There was that lack of something that bit of spark and passion. Bit metronomic to the point that even their goals started to look the same. Football by numbers with exceedingly good players. It is like Barca had it all sussed there for a while but in a really boring way. When Chelsea got that draw at the Nou Camp with 10 men I think that was important. Chelsea were lucky but Barca were a caricature of themselves. No crosses into the the box. No going down the outside to get crosses in. No long shots. Throw-ins and corners passed backwards. No spotoneity whatsoever. They got what they deserved, imo, because they never wanted to risk the ball.

That said City didn't look like that at Stoke but we'll see because we know that is the Guardiola ideal. We'll see if premiership teams stick or twist: press or drop deep. What I would say is 90% of PL teams have good pace in them.

Comment

Can't believe we shipped Nasri and kept Navas though, madness.
                  Long time no see? Typical City fan.. nowhere to be seen when times are difficult. Win 3 games on the bounce and out they come again. Joke club, couldn't even sell out their stadium for a Champions League semi-final. Fake club with no fans and no history.

Comment

• Why do pundits always think Sergio Aguero is 'not that type of character'?

He is a complete ****:

Reminds me of Bergkamp. Another sneaky fuck. Most great strikers are dirty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Why do pundits always think Sergio Aguero is 'not that type of character'?

He is a complete ****:
                      He's an Argie, it's in their DNA to be a bit of a ****.

I always hate the "he's not that type of player" defence. I even heard an ex prem ref use it the other day on the radio.

Comment

Working...
                      X