Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Darchinyan an acceptable opponent for Donaire at this time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously Mares and Rigo were the best fights for Donaire. But, Darchinyan 2 is an okay fight. He's not way over the hill but in serious decline. Vic hasn't been knocked out since Donaire and lost decisions to the top fighters at 118. So he's not completely done. I would watch to see him get KO'ed again by Donaire in a much quicker fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Not really,but it's better then Rigo who is really an unproven fighter..I wish we was getting Donaire Mares and Chinny Rigo..those are the fights that really makes sense at this point..

I mean can Rigo fight like Perez or Agbeko??Some kinda test before just being through in with the top fighters of the sport..
      While this is true, Vic is clearly past his prime and an almost-prime Donaire proved that he could handle a prime Vic already. At this point, Vic is just a record-padder for Donaire, and it would be his second record-padder in a row.

Comment

I like to see an old vet who fought hard throughout his career make a buck as he goes out! But to get Knocked Out isn't exactly how its done if you have anything to do with the planning!!! Bad fight for Vic and a meaningless one for Donaire! I prefer main event fighters to fight opponents that can CHALLENGE them not marks! Donaire is past building up his record its time for serious challenges to see how good he is! Theres no honor and not much money fighting easy marks! He needs to fight Mares and someone needs to come up with some money on Rigo's behalf! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          While this is true, Vic is clearly past his prime and an almost-prime Donaire proved that he could handle a prime Vic already. At this point, Vic is just a record-padder for Donaire, and it would be his second record-padder in a row.
          You maybe right,why not fight Agbeko if your Donaire..I don't know I really don't mind the Chinny fight,most likely cause I've wanted to see it for a while now..But if no Mares,I would have rather seen an Agbeko or someone like that in with Donaire...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            I like to see an old vet who fought hard throughout his career make a buck as he goes out! But to get Knocked Out isn't exactly how its done if you have anything to do with the planning!!! Bad fight for Vic and a meaningless one for Donaire! I prefer main event fighters to fight opponents that can CHALLENGE them not marks! Donaire is past building up his record its time for serious challenges to see how good he is! Theres no honor and not much money fighting easy marks! He needs to fight Mares and someone needs to come up with some money on Rigo's behalf! Ray.
            I agree with most of what you're saying, except for Rigo's purse. It's already unbelievably generous at 750k. Here are the purses for the finals of the 118 tournament:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/8/16...ing-tournament

Mares' purse was $300,000 for the fight, with Agbeko at $130,000

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              You maybe right,why not fight Agbeko if your Donaire..I don't know I really don't mind the Chinny fight,most likely cause I've wanted to see it for a while now..But if no Mares,I would have rather seen an Agbeko or someone like that in with Donaire...
              Agbeko is having a tune-up due to being inactive for over a year. That would've been a worse opponent than Vic imho.

Donaire should fight Quigg/Bakhtin/Terrazas or move up to 126.

Comment

In a word, **** NO.

Oh, my bad, that was two.

Comment

I'm not talking about his purse I'm talking about HIS people coming up with funds to promote him the right way if he's all that!! If he's a world class fighter where are his peoples money?? Teres a big difference when your calling the shots rather than being chosen as a opponent! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    I'm not talking about his purse I'm talking about HIS people coming up with funds to promote him the right way if he's all that!! If he's a world class fighter where are his peoples money?? Teres a big difference when your calling the shots rather than being chosen as a opponent! Ray.
                    Well all Cubans have that problem. If anything Rigo is getting surprisingly good treatment from TR. His style is not that TV friendly, nor does he have a large ethnic following.

Him being in the role of opponent vs Donaire has nothing to do with money/promo backing, only their pro standing. He's been the A side up till now, despite minimal pro experience, and Team Rigo has been taunting Donaire for a long time to sign. So there's really nothing more he could hope for, he just needs to sign that damn contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X