Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a HUGE RISK for Broner. I'm shocked he's taking this.

Abril is 5'11'' and can fight well from the outside, this will be tough for Broner. This is probably the toughest fight he could have taken at 135. I'll take Abril at the very least as good as Vazquez.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 12-13-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Abril should arguably have wins over Rios, Lundy, Prescott, and Acosta. Abril is the real deal. This is a tough tough tough fight for Broner, and a very risky one.

It's nice to see Broner taking the best fights at 135 possible. DeMarco, Burns, Vazquez, and Abril are the best LW's there once Broner entered the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Lol. So Broner fights like Hank Lundy and Abril fights like DeMarco. Gotcha

Carry on. But you can't call a fighter a bum when you've never seen him fight. And no, 3 minute YouTube clips and opinions of random commentors doesn't count. So my point stands.
        Your lame dude. You know what Abril is capable of, all you need to see is that one round. Lundy was killin him with the body shots,feints, and over hand rights rinse and repeat. Abril was circling and not doing much swinging for the fences throwing jiggly jabs lol u really think he will trouble Broner? lol its comical really and you ignored what the guy who was there said below he indicated a clear win for Lundy..

joeabbadon 2 years ago

i was there lundy 97 94

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          Your lame dude. You know what Abril is capable of, all you need to see is that one round. Lundy was killin him with the body shots,feints, and over hand rights rinse and repeat. Abril was circling and not doing much swinging for the fences throwing jiggly jabs lol u really think he will trouble Broner? lol its comical really and you ignored what the guy who was there said below he indicated a clear win for Lundy..

joeabbadon 2 years ago

i was there lundy 97 94
          Lol Wow. It takes one round to judge a fighter and see what he's capable of?

That's all I needed to hear.

Comment

Lol Wow. It takes one round to judge a fighter and see what he's capable of?

That's all I needed to hear.
            Yea and If you can read someone who was there for the whole thing gave you their assessment below, he indicated that Abril got outboxed

joeabbadon 2 years ago

i was there lundy 97 94

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              Yea and If you can read someone who was there for the whole thing gave you their assessment below, he indicated that Abril got outboxed

joeabbadon 2 years ago

i was there lundy 97 94
              My point in YOU weren't there, YOU haven't seen the fight, and YOU aren't familiar with Abril or his style. So your opinion on him holds no weight.

You can't call a fighter a bum when you have only seen limited footage of him. You said he has a style similar to DeMarco of all peopke. End of story.

I'm out.

Comment

My point in YOU weren't there, YOU haven't seen the fight, and YOU aren't familiar with Abril or his style. So your opinion on him holds no weight.

You can't call a fighter a bum when you have only seen limited footage of him. You said he has a style similar to DeMarco of all peopke. End of story.

I'm out.

I have seen the fight buddy its right here above can you see and read OK maybe u need your eyes checked lol theres a clip right there of lundy pelting him with body shots and over hand rights using the same Midwestern style Broner uses..And someone who was there physically who had to be a fan of boxing to be there scored it 97 to 94 for Lundy.

joeabbadon 2 years ago

i was there lundy 97 94

If Lundy beat Abril like that so will Broner. Easy money!

Comment

I'm out.
                  Yes please be out you have embarrassed yourself tonight.. lol Abril...

Comment

• Unlike Broner's last three opponents, Abril isn't a mindless come forth plodder. Broner will need to dig deep if he wants to put a classical boxer like Abril away.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I was expecting for the first page posters to be ecstatic about this fight. This is a very interesting match up, I can't believe people are actually talking down about this fight, that's crazy. Abril has a very difficult style. I can't believe NSB. This is a very good fight, I'm shocked. I was expecting Broner vs Burns, but this is just as good.
                      This their way to discredit Broner when he wins! Just a week ago, before Gamboa looked sloppy people was saying Broner was afraid of Gamboa and "Burns" and "Abril" Now the fight might get made these cats are singing a different tune. Thats haters for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X