Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me that's not your prediction for May 5th

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Go get a massage or something. Your panties are way to far up your arse right now
      Do something then bit.ch! Why are you talking tough when you don't have sh.it? You're just a low IQ cu.nt that can't back up your words. FOH!

Comment

• Originally posted by boxtradomus
        not really.

After Douglas KOED Tyson people still lined up to fight him because it made him all that more appealing.
        Mayweather isn't Tyson though. Tyson's exciting style sold his fights, a large part of Mayweather's appeal is that he is undefeated. Take that away and I think that takes most of the PPV numbers away. The boasts and bragging are meaningless once you've been beat down.

A lot of young up and comers would still want to use and abuse the Mayweather name as a stepping stone, just as they do with Roy Jones Junior.

Comment

• I doubt Floyd is a type of character to take a loss like a man. He would immediately cry for a rematch and I don't really believe Cotto would give him one until a few years later. I think Cotto would go for a Pac rematch and get dominated again. Fighters coming up would still want to fight him though, he won't look as intimidating with a loss by Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Get Hattoned View Post
            I doubt Floyd is a type of character to take a loss like a man. He would immediately cry for a rematch and I don't really believe Cotto would give him one until a few years later.
            You can guarantee FMJ already has a rematch clause sewn into the contract, he's possibly the most cautious fighter in the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              You can guarantee FMJ already has a rematch clause sewn into the contract, he's possibly the most cautious fighter in the sport.
              Yeah I wouldn't doubt it. I think it's more of an ego thing from certain fighters. I feel that Cotto will never give Margarito a rematch despite them being 1-1 and the fight ending by horrible ring doctor stoppage. Floyd is probably the same way, sure he gave Castillo a rematch but that's where the line is drawn.

Comment

• absolutely it would. The only reason why fighters want to fight him is cuz of the payday but once he loses, his fake persona of being a ATG will get exposed and he'll never sell over 300k PPV's again (unless he fights Pac) cuz now he won't be able to sell the fight with his mouth and will have to sell the fight with his style which is the exact same as malinaggi minus the power

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  absolutely it would. The only reason why fighters want to fight him is cuz of the payday but once he loses, his fake persona of being a ATG will get exposed and he'll never sell over 300k PPV's again (unless he fights Pac) cuz now he won't be able to sell the fight with his mouth and will have to sell the fight with his style which is the exact same as malinaggi minus the power
                  This is the only reason Floyd adopted his persona in the first place. All his fights are snooze fests and the entire world knows it, even Floyd does. Real fighters with pride and passion don't need to use a persona to get people to buy their PPVs. Their dedication in the ring is what gets people to buys their PPVs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Get Hattoned View Post
                    This is the only reason Floyd adopted his persona in the first place. All his fights are snooze fests and the entire world knows it, even Floyd does. Real fighters with pride and passion don't need to use a persona to get people to buy their PPVs. Their dedication in the ring is what gets people to buys their PPVs.
                    100% spot on. This is why floyd will be ranked behind Calzaghe in the annuals of boxing history in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                      Welcome back, Stop.
                      Get Hattoned 98.112.11.183 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
                      Stop 98.112.11.183 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Comment

Working...
                      X