Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Emilio Ramirez vs. Ovill McKenzie for the IBF Cruiserweight title Friday Oct 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    A little bit harsh on Ramirez, there were a lot of close rounds. McKenzie was much busier but Ramirez's shots seemed to have more impact. I've seen much worse draws.
    you think? maybe is because of the broadcast, i don't like them too much. i'm discussing the fight on a facebook group and nobody saw him win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
      Fair score. Neither really deserved a win to be honest.
      Neither is a world-class cruiserweight.

McKenzie ran and pitty-patted ineffectively all night. Ramirez plodded on slow feet and showed an inability to time his opponent.

That being said, I thought Ramirez at least tried to make a fight of it. He was the aggressor for virtually the entire fight and did land the harder, more effective punches, and so deserved to win.

Comment

An either way fight. Draw was fair. Surprised at the scorecards which were all fair.

First time seeing Ramirez and he is absolutely terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          An either way fight. Draw was fair. Surprised at the scorecards which were all fair.

he was awful tonight but he didn't look like this vs afolabi, that fight was pretty entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Neither is a world-class cruiserweight.

McKenzie ran and pitty-patted ineffectively all night. Ramirez plodded on slow feet and showed an inability to time his opponent.

That being said, I thought Ramirez at least tried to make a fight of it. He was the aggressor for virtually the entire fight and did land the harder, more effective punches, and so deserved to win.
            His aggression was ineffective, especially early on.

Don't know how you had it 7-2 after nine rounds. You must score for fighters who just plod forward and land nothing.

Comment

The BoxNation pundits repeatedly stated that the scorecards were very fair.

Something must be wrong with your hearing or you're just trying to kick up a fuss for no reason.
              Trying to force him to travel(blaming it on where it took place), and them generally complaining about the scorecards of the argentinian tv commentators.
              Even they seemed shocked and acted surprised at the fair scorecards, acting like they expected a robbery.

Hell, you were expecting one.
              Really shouldn't be the people to complain about scorecards and robberies.
              Both Argentina and the UK are biased as hell when scoring fights involving their fighters.
              Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

McKenzie could've made his life a lot easier if he used the jab more and kept Ramirez at distance. Ramirez walked forward in straight lines with no head movement. However, McKenzie put a performance of a lifetime and should be proud of himself.

The score cards were fair.
                Last edited by Box-Office; 10-03-2015, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
                  Trying to force him to travel(blaming it on where it took place), and them generally complaining about the scorecards of the argentinian tv commentators.
                  Even they seemed shocked and acted surprised at the fair scorecards, acting like they expected a robbery.
                  How can pundits force him to travel? Lol...you're really desperate to look for controversy, aren't you?

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
                  Hell, you were expecting one.
                  Really shouldn't be the people to complain about scorecards and robberies.
                  Both Argentina and the UK are biased as hell when scoring fights involving their fighters.
                  Pot, meet kettle.
                  Of course I was. This is boxing. Doesn't matter where it is, we've been programmed to believe that the home fighter will get the decision in a close fight. Especially against a fairly unheralded journeyman like McKenzie.

I expected the cards to be wide in favour of Ramirez.
                  Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 10-03-2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Fair play to McKenzie, he took that fight on short notice and wasn't given much of a chance.

Hopefully he is given a rematch.

Comment

How can pundits force him to travel? Lol...you're really desperate to look for controversy, aren't you?

Of course I was. This is boxing. Doesn't matter where it is, we've been programmed to believe that the home fighter will get the decision in a close fight. Especially against a fairly unheralded journeyman like McKenzie.

I expected the cards to be wide in favour of Ramirez.
                      They said it would be interesting if someone could get a rematch to go to a purse bid and get Ramirez to rematch McKenzie in the UK. A place where they'll have all the leverage in picking officials, and refereeing. They didn't even say they would be fine with a neutral venue. Sounds like sour grapes to me. And a bit hypocritical considering they as a country have a bad reputation when it comes to that very same stuff.
                      They really are in no position to talk, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X