No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Gives Zab Judah Four Rounds To Survive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    Yeah but Khan was considered one of the top 2 fighters at 140 and Morales even though not all that these days and times gave Marcos Maidana who most considered a fierce puncher all he could handle. Khan and Maidana fought to the end. Garcia got both them guys out there in the 4th. Styles makes fights but it's impressive considering no one else did it to Khan/Morales at 140.
    Wow, he needed two fights to knock out an old, fat, shot beyond belief Erik Morales, more than a year after Maidana struggled with him, which by the way so did Garcia. Impressive.

So Matthysse's never beaten anyone, but really impressive that Garcia needed 2 fights to knock out Erik Morales. That's sound logic.

Comment

Just another GBP mismatch.. I saw Vernon Paris land left hooks on Judah pretty easy so imagine what Garcia's would do, not to mention everyone knows the book on Zab which is take him past 6 rounds and he gases out. Garcia fanboys are believing the GBP hype, but really who has this guy beaten? An old out of shape Erik Morales? A glass jawed Amir Khan that was landing shots at will until his brittle chin got caught?.. No way Garcia beats Matthyse, Maidana, Rios, Alvarado or even Lamont Peterson. Sorry Schaefer I don't believe the hype.

Comment

Zab Beat Mathysse and will knock out flat footed Garcia.

Comment

that's all Zab gets against anybody really
          sick of Zab getting title shots, but Garcia's a twat
          wouldn't mind Zab pulling this one off and shocking Garcia
          it's just impossible to pick Zab in important fights though
          he'll likely have a couple good moments early, then blow it like usual

Comment

I do like Garcia, but I'm getting the feeling that he's falling into the trap of believing his own hype. He was not viewed as some KO puncher until he stopped Khan, and we all know Khan's ability to take a punch is below average. Garcia has to respect Zab for what he brings to the table and then adjust his style accordingly. I don't think Garcia looking for the left hook all night is gonna be the right answer. The more he mixes it up, the better his chances are of getting the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I do like Garcia, but I'm getting the feeling that he's falling into the trap of believing his own hype. He was not viewed as some KO puncher until he stopped Khan, and we all know Khan's ability to take a punch is below average. Garcia has to respect Zab for what he brings to the table and then adjust his style accordingly. I don't think Garcia looking for the left hook all night is gonna be the right answer.
              Yeah, but Khan took Maidana's best punches and stood up on his feet. Amazing how people don't give Garcia credit because of his dad and so forth. Why should he respect Zab for? Zab has a history of giving up. Lots of potential and talent but not resilient or smart enough to be as big as he was supposed to be at this point. Zab is getting stopped or he is going to find some way to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Wow, he needed two fights to knock out an old, fat, shot beyond belief Erik Morales, more than a year after Maidana struggled with him, which by the way so did Garcia. Impressive.

So Matthysse's never beaten anyone, but really impressive that Garcia needed 2 fights to knock out Erik Morales. That's sound logic.
                Garcia beat him twice, 2nd fight by KO. What are you talking about? Wasn't no controversy behind both fights. People were arguing that Maidana should have lost. Not that it was so but wasn't no if and or but about both Garcia's wins. Maidana had Morales hurt bad and still was getting tagged up by a one eyed Morales. What happened to the rematch? I'm not trying to defend Garcia but damn. Dudes on boxingscene be hating on him hard. Matthysse had Judah and Alexander hurt and on the canvas but couldn't finished neither fighter but for some reason he is such a monster puncher/fighter? Peterson fight will show how much he is really made of.

Comment

Yeah, but Khan took Maidana's best punches and stood up on his feet. Amazing how people don't give Garcia credit because of his dad and so forth. Why should he respect Zab for? Zab has a history of giving up. Lots of potential and talent but not resilient or smart enough to be as big as he was supposed to be at this point. Zab is getting stopped or he is going to find some way to quit.
                  Garcia shouldn't go into the fight with "4th round KO" on his mind, he should fight smart and let the fight happen. If Zab gets caught in the beginning, more power to Garcia. I just don't think the fight will be that simple. Zab does keep his right hand low and invites the left hook, but he'd be stupid to not be defensively aware of the punch as Garcia will look for it from bell to bell.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 04-06-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Garcia is very overrated. Even this version of Judah has a good chance to win. Judah's speed will trouble Garcia a whole lot.

Comment

Garcia beat him twice, 2nd fight by KO. What are you talking about? Wasn't no controversy behind both fights. People were arguing that Maidana should have lost. Not that it was so but wasn't no if and or but about both Garcia's wins. Maidana had Morales hurt bad and still was getting tagged up by a one eyed Morales. What happened to the rematch? I'm not trying to defend Garcia but damn. Dudes on boxingscene be hating on him hard. Matthysse had Judah and Alexander hurt and on the canvas but couldn't finished neither fighter but for some reason he is such a monster puncher/fighter? Peterson fight will show how much he is really made of.
                      I've personally never understood the argument that Morales beat Maidana. It was competitive, and I could understand a draw, but that's at best. 8-4 Maidana seems right for that fight.

You said Matthysse hasn't beaten anyone, but Garcia beating Morales is impressive. Come on. It is not impressive that Garcia beat ancient, fat Erik Morales. That post implies you think more of those wins than Mattysse getting robbed against Alexander or smacking the **** out of Soto and Olusegon. If you do think that, then you are vastly overrating both Garcia and his recent wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X