No announcement yet.

Would Golovkin beat Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I think Golovkin's power would be too much for Froch who basically got lucky against Bute. Froch loses to Bute in a rematch and Golovkin already destroyed Bute once easier than Froch did.

surely you don't believe all of that...

Comment

.....Froch who basically got lucky against Bute. Froch loses to Bute in a rematch .....
      What?

Not sure if serious.

Comment

I'm really not sure who wins this one. I've doubted Froch way to many times and just based off strength of schedule, I'd have to go with Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          The SMW division is probably the strongest in all of boxing, meanwhile the MW division is one of the weakest in boxing, I don't know how you don't see the talent disparity.

AA was a beast at MW, did you forget how he was folding guys up? He was apart of 4 guys that all had 1 punch KO power, Green, Miranda, Pavlik, AA. Of course once they moved up that power went down considerably, mainly because the talent level and the size increase. He's still extremely dangerous for anybody.

Stieglitz is also a solid fighter as well. And he KO'd Bute years ago in the AM's which is totally different than the pros.

Watch GGG vs Ouma if you haven't alreeady, it shows a ton of his flaws and was a very close fight up until the KO.
          I streamed GGG vs Ouma live, so I was skeptical of him at first. But you'd say the same having seen Broner vs Ponce.

Abe has a good chin and a good punch, but he's got no skills, it's all cookbook Wegner boxing. He didn't beat anyone good at MW (just go and check), and struggled against some no hopers, like that Simon guy GGG KOed in 1.

SMW sounds strong, but again, I checked the Ring ratings and see only 3 guys that would be clear favorites vs him. I'd favor him vs all 4 of those prospect types, vs Bute, Stieglitz and Abe. Bika would be fun, but he didn't look so great last time out.

Comment

I think Golovkin's power would be too much for Froch who basically got lucky against Bute. Froch loses to Bute in a rematch and Golovkin already destroyed Bute once easier than Froch did.
            Originally posted by New England View Post
            Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            What?

Not sure if serious.

The things you read around this place...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              I think he caught Bute off guard. In a rematch Bute boxes just like Alvarado did last night, same situation, different fight. Remember, Bute never fights out of Canada and was on Froch's home turf, the psychological aspect is a big factor. Great win for Froch, I can't take anything away from him but I don't see him having the same success in Canada or in a rematch in general.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                After Golovkin's impressive victory over Rosado, does anyone think would beat Froch?

Bear in mind that like Froch, GGG has already wins over Bute and Dirrell.
                Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                He really is massively skilled. People can talk Whitaker, Marquez or Mayweather in terms of skils but they are backfoot counter-punchers, Golovkin does all his work on the front-foot and unlike them he has genuine power.
                This is the reason GGG gets ridiculed. So not only does he have wins over Bute and Dirrell, could have sworn they only had 1 loss each, both against Froch, but it must be against GGG, but he is also as skilled as Mayweather, Whitaker and Marquez.

Comment

IF they fought right now you have to go with the seasoned champ in Froch, GGG is still green and Froch is still in and around his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    This is the reason GGG gets ridiculed. So not only does he have wins over Bute and Dirrell, could have sworn they only had 1 loss each, both against Froch, but it must be against GGG, but he is also as skilled as Mayweather, Whitaker and Marquez.
                    Yes, it's all my fault

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      GGG fans are really becoming delusional and kinda driving me away from the guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X