No announcement yet.

Starting Jiu Jitsu Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaneNoodles View Post
    theres a lot of Gi choke moves that are useless when your not wearing a shirt.
    Yeah but No-Gi is more useful when applying the art to MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
      I believe they start everyone out with a Gi, and the advanced Blue and Purple (I think Purple is advanced) lessons you can opt to use Gi or No-Gi. I'd personally like to go No-Gi but I think it's probably better to not argue since I'm so new to it.
      Sounds the same as when I first went. I don't mind Gi or No-Gi. No-Gi is great for grappling tourneys and as you said MMA itself. Gi BJJ is great if you ever get into a street fight. My favourite is the clock choke mainly cos guy's on the street just never see it coming and don't realise what you're doing until their out.

They had us watch the lessons being taught and a guy named Don Pau who frequents my kickboxing gym used me as an example. He said "See? Tough guy like him here can be nullify with no other than Jiu Jitsu, you know? If you Taekwondo this guy you could get break, but with Jiu Jitsu it's about skill, no?"

His English is hilarious.
      LOL! Roger's english was hilarious to me when I first heard it. Not as funny as his dad's though or Renzo. It's not really the accents that crack me up it's the construction of the sentence's which make me chuckle.

Comment

How long are the lessons?
        I believe they are 2hour lessons but not quite sure. i will have to ask my friend who goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
          I believe they are 2hour lessons but not quite sure. i will have to ask my friend who goes.
          Sounds like a good deal man.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal man.
            Yeah I am gonna give it ago and see how it is.

Comment

Working...
            X