Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We Wanted Ward, It Will Eventually Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
    Hes got a confirmed signed date with kovalev in November. Not eventually. November
    And Location is T-Mobile Arena in Vegas, NV.

Comment

I think that's the bigger issue. His trainer yaps way too much

Comment

I think that's the bigger issue. His trainer yaps way too much
        Ya THINK???? And if big brother Kov. Doesn't beat Ward lil GGG is going to want to move down a weight class or two just to be safe from Ward.

Comment

Comment

I think Golovkin would've fought whoever his team told him to. In my opinion, they didn't want Golovkin's aura of invincibility to be ruined. Unfortunately, sometimes when you're hyped up as an indestructible force of nature and lose, you're completely written off as a nobody. Two examples-- Edison Miranda and Matthysse. Miranda especially, he was hyped up to the point of the absurdity and when he got his ass kicked by Pavlik, that was pretty much it. Nobody gave a crap about him anymore.

Now I'm not saying that Ward would've destroyed Golovkin, but I think he would have decisively beaten him by UD, and then people would write Golovkin off as a "hype job" even though losing to Ward is nothing to be ashamed about since he is one of the best fighters in the world. I don't buy into this "Lil' G be a scurred ass coward doe!" nonsense.

That's my two cents on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
              Doesn't make financial sense
              Turns down offer in 30 minutes
              Maybe 2017

"We wanted Ward"
              Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Brook is WAY more of a challenge than Kovalev. Beating up smaller guys is harder. They won't stand still so you can hit them. They're like mosquitos that annoy the sht out of you...

Real champions fight guys two weight classes smaller. Heck go for 3-4 weight classes below. That's a REAL challenge. Not some big dude that could kill you in the ring. That's DUCKING!!! - Signed Dirty Sanchez...
              Word!!

Comment

Hes got a confirmed signed date with kovalev in November. Not eventually. November
                How can he have a signed confirmed date with Kovalev when he's fighting someone else next?

Comment

uh more people will hate ward if he beats kovalav and GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    How can he have a signed confirmed date with Kovalev when he's fighting someone else next?
                    Because it was contracted and structured for both fighters to fight two fight that can allow Ward to move up and grow into 175 then fight Kovalev on November 19 now if Ward is successful which I see Golovkin would really need to move or at least face a top Middleweight and SMW then Ward next cause why would Ward come back down

Comment

I don't think Ward can make 168 anymore. I would love to see the fight, but at what weight. I think anything above 168 would be too much to ask from GGG.

But let us see what happens on November.

Comment

Working...
                      X