No announcement yet.

DLH still salty Open letter to Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLH still salty Open letter to Mayweather

"So I’m writing to you today to wish you a fond farewell. Truth be told, I’m not unhappy to see you retire. Neither are a lot of boxing fans. Scratch that. MOST boxing fans. Why? Because the fight game will be a better one without you in it. Let’s face it: You were boring. Just take a look at your most recent performance, your last hurrah in the ring, a 12-round decision against Andre Berto. How to describe it? A bust? A disaster? A snooze fest? An affair so one-sided that on one judge’s card Berto didn’t win a single round? Everyone in boxing knew Berto didn’t have a chance. I think more people watched Family Guy reruns that night than tuned in to that pay-per-view bout"

Still, De La Hoya's words echo those of many of Mayweather's most ardent critics. He writes that "I took on all comers in their prime," and points out how he always took risks. He said Mayweather never did.

"Another reason boxing is better off without you: You were afraid. Afraid of taking chances. Afraid of risk. A perfect example is your greatest “triumph,” the long-awaited record-breaking fight between you and Manny Pacquiao. Nearly 4.5 million buys! More than $400 million in revenue! Headlines worldwide! How can that be bad for boxing? Because you lied. You promised action and entertainment and a battle for the ages, and you delivered none of the above. The problem is, that’s precisely how you want it. You should have fought Pacquiao five years ago, not five months ago. That, however, would have been too dangerous. Too risky. You’ve made a career out of being cautious. You won’t get in the ring unless you have an edge. Sure, you fought some big names. But they were past their prime. Hell, even when we fought in 2007—and I barely lost a split decision—I was at the tail end of my career. Then later you took on Mexican megastar Saúl “Canelo” Álvarez, but he was too young and had to drop too much weight"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...194632768.html

Oscar has ice in his veins, blood in his eyes, and hate in his heart.

Comment

oh ****

Comment

He's probably high as a kite, that is ODLH.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          And white sh#t up his nose

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post

I just think his fishnet stockings are on too tight.

Comment

responses to this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                And white sh#t up his nose
                Haha made me

Comment

I hope Cotto ktfos Canelo and odlh kills himself.

Comment

"Canelo dropped too many pounds"

De La Hoya: Canelo Will Be Faster With Catchweight
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoy...-weight--67011

De La Hoya vs Hopkins: De La Hoya got a 157lb catchweight, 3lbs below Middleweight. But fought Sturm at the full 160lb limit. I also have not read or heard De La Hoya having any issues with his fighter Canelo asking for a 155lb catchweight against Golovkin. If 2lbs is too much, certainly 5lbs is out of this world. Now don't get me wrong, I have no issues with either 152lb for May-Canelo, or 155lb for Canelo-GGG, but DLH does have an issue with the 152lb catch, but doesn't seem to say anything about the 155lb catch for GGG.

Comment

Working...
                    X