Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets be honest, the Sergio Martinez that beat Paul Williams, Kelly Pavlik whoops GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
    Yeah because paul williams and kelly pavlik are on the same level as golovkin.
    They were both much more proven.

Comment

yep, mofos forget that Martinez got clipped and dropped by both Willaims (who wasn't even a power puncher) and Pavlik.. . in a war of attrition, Martiniz would lose

Comment

I'm not sure. the defence of Martinez is very poor, and golovkin hit very hard

Comment

So GGG gets good boy'd by Margarito, almost KTFO by pothead Chavez Jr, almost stopped by tune-up level euro bums, goes life and death with a bed-ridden, near-death Kelly Pavlik and gets his ass beat by Cintron???

Comment

That Martinez struggled with Darren Barker and Matthew Macklin. Golovkin at the very least gives him a tough fight.

Comment

This fight needs to get made and if it does I would lean towards GGG in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                So GGG gets good boy'd by Margarito, almost KTFO by pothead Chavez Jr, almost stopped by tune-up level euro bums, goes life and death with a bed-ridden, near-death Kelly Pavlik and gets his ass beat by Cintron???

The barker win looks good right now,,,

cintron beat serg's ass,,,, what planet are you from,,, did you even watch the fight,, serg ko'd him in the 7th but ref blew the call, and then serg should have won on points but the judges screwed him,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by KickAzz View Post
                  yep, mofos forget that Martinez got clipped and dropped by both Willaims (who wasn't even a power puncher) and Pavlik.. . in a war of attrition, Martiniz would lose
                  Pavlik..lineal champ and considered one of the bigger punches in recent memory dropped a much smaller Martinez off a balance shot. Took his power well otherwise. The P Will KD wasnt even serious and he literally got up fine and knocked p Will down. :/... Do people watch these fights? The only bad one was Chavez jr and he still got up and fought his way put the round against a dude weight like 180! Lol.

Look, i love GGG. I think he's the truth but Martinez was in fights against pound for pound dudes... ggg just beat Stevens not Stevenson. GGG is SUPPOSED to look good against the Ishidas and Stevens of the world. martinez was never supposed to beat p4p fighter in Williams and become the lineal champ by beating a huge pavlik who was THE man at middle who only lost to bernard frickin' hopkins (as in THE Bernard Hopkins). pavlik had a drinking problem? And? Tons of boxers have problems. Pavlik was out fought not out conditioned.

GGG is still coming up where Martinez is an established old fighter. This is (not to this extreme of course) like picking Berto over Floyd just because Berto was beasting lesser comp.

I have to give Martinez his props and I'd say p4p he's the better fighter from what we've seen. Now at middle where GGG is bigger and he's old as all **** now thats a diff story but prime for prime it's silly to pick GGG over what Martinez showed vs elite comp so far.

:/... Get it together guys. You guys act like you've never seen a champ feast on guys hes supposed to do this to.

This is reaching Floyd Mayweather opponent like hype levels (except GGG really is good but he needs to show his class vs dudes that matter... For all we know we could be looking at Berto 2.0...with a chin)

And lol, RicDic. Marg beats Serg crazy early in his career and somehow thats bad? Marg who people til this day think beat Floyd? Lol. Cintron was also supposed to get DQed. Dude should have lost by every way imaginable lol. Remember how people were saying Barker was a bum? Some bum Barker turned out to be. Contrary to popular belief it's actually OKAY to follow the sport and know what you're talking about. There's more than one good fighter in the world. Who knew, right?
                  Last edited by NearHypnos; 11-03-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Don't get why people are acting as if he became shot after 2010. I think the Martinez of 2012 would still beat Golovkin. He has a very favorable style for Martinez. 2013 Martinez doesn't look good, but I still think it's still 50/50 chance he can come back in a decent form next year. That's why I rather see him fight a Cotto level fighter to see how he looks before Golovkin. If he looks better than Austin Trout, then I'll be down for it. Otherwise, Martinez should just retire. Golovkin beating a shot Martinez would be pointless exercise. I rather see him gain the crown by fighting the next best contender.

Comment

you know p.will hit sergio a million times in their first fight which was a great freaking fight .. also you know pavlik dropped martinez won a few rounds the cut happen and all hell broke i think couple judges had it 115-112 ... so if you think it would have been easy to beat golovkin then you are silly ...
                      Last edited by jov6388; 11-03-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X