How do you feel about bullfighting? WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    No, it doesn't, Mark.

One can still be concerned with the treatment of animals while being a meat eater. The existence of Kosher foods entirely invalidates your argument without me even having to point out to you how stupid your statement is.
    I grew up in a vegan household and have seen every slaughterhouse video you can imagine the way they house and kill those animals is inhumane as it gets.But after years of living with people who loved animals more then humans it began to disturb me how could you go against your own for some dumb animal,so now i eat burgers and i could careless if its tortured as long as it hits my plate medium rare.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      But those bulls are eaten and have you ever seen a slaughterhouse evidently you havent cause nothing that goes on is humane but if its not seen its ok.
      I actually have been in a slaughter house.... quick story:

I was 9 with an older cousin, In Mexico we were adventuring. It starts raining with thunder... we start running home. The rain gets too strong...we take shelter under a tree( i know) 3 teens from across the street wave us over.They let us into their big, old adobe house. It's actually a very cheap weird slaughter house. They take a goat out infront of us. They put it's head on a stone and slit it's neck. It starts choking on its on blood. They start to skin it as soon as it's dead. The kids cut it's testicles off and start to throwing them at each other.....

It all looked like some aztec sacrificing shit.... which is why to this day I try to avoid eating meat. Although there's a clear difference between blatant animal torture and hunting for food purposes

Comment

The last time I checked human beings were the only animals on the planet that willingly sought out other species to imprison, torture, and murder for "entertainment".
        We just see things differently i guess.Growing up in that culture taught me one thing that it wasnt suppose to teach me honor humans above anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          A quick virtually painless death for food is one thing. A slow, humiliating stabbing to death for the purposes of entertainment is quite a different thing.
          This. I have a leather jacket, boots, shoes and belts. Made from cattle that were slaughtered humanely to provide food. But I definitely don't agree with torturing bulls or fighting dogs for entertainment purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            I grew up in a vegan household and have seen every slaughterhouse video you can imagine the way they house and kill those animals is inhumane as it gets.But after years of living with people who loved animals more then humans it began to disturb me how could you go against your own for some dumb animal,so now i eat burgers and i could careless if its tortured as long as it hits my plate medium rare.
            The treatment and housing of animals for slaughter, while abhorrent in most cases, is not the current topic of discussion. Furthermore you seem to indirectly imply that because a person is a meat eater they cannot possibly be concerned with the treatment, housing, and welfare of slaughter animals, when in reality you're way off base. Again.

You seem to have this twisted idea that anybody who eats meat is therefore rendered a cruel barbarian who is completely incapable of feeling any emotion in regards to anything but themselves. Maybe this is true of you, but it's certainly not true for the rest of us.

Just because I enjoy throwing some chicken breast on the barbeque or having a medium rare steak once in a while doesn't mean I wish to see the animals tortured or exploited for the entertainment of others.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

As for the notion that human beings are "my own" - I don't consider them as such in the vast majority of cases. Especially not when they're sadistically cruel in regards to defenseless animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              This. I have a leather jacket, boots, shoes and belts. Made from cattle that were slaughtered humanely to provide food. But I definitely don't agree with torturing bulls or fighting dogs for entertainment purposes.
              And (as you already know) there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

If you're going to slaughter an animal for food then you may as well make use of every piece of raw material gleaned from it's corpse as you possibly can : Make shoes, boots, belts, or coats. Use the bones for processing sugar. Use the organs for transplants or nourishment. Etc...

Anything else would be wasteful.

Comment

im a big fan of bullfighting, been at plazas de toros in mexico city and monterrey, saw the great eloy cavazos and manolo martinez live...
                and the only reason that toros de lidia still exist is because it, those bulls are so aggressive, if it wasnt for bullfighting theyd be gone for ages...

Comment

And (as you already know) there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

If you're going to slaughter an animal for food then you may as well make use of every piece of raw material gleaned from it's corpse as you possibly can : Make shoes, boots, belts, or coats. Use the bones for processing sugar. Use the organs for transplants or nourishment. Etc...

Anything else would be wasteful.
                  Absolutely. I find it abhorrent when rhinos or elephants are killed for their horns/tusks (and carcasses left to rot,) for example. And I could never be a vegetarian, but I do find myself cutting down on meat portions and have long periods where I alternate days where I refrain from eating meat altogether.

Sleep calls, adios muchachos.

Comment

Bull fighting is sick because it is a drawn out torturous killing, but if they had dog fighting on ESPN2 at 2:30 AM...I'd watch that **** out of it at least once (and likely be horrified). Dogs kill things all the time, I don't care if it is dogs killing other dogs. No difference than the Discovery Channel.

Also, while I'm inventing TV shows. Gay Divorce Court would be way hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      Bull fighting is sick because it is a drawn out torturous killing, but if they had dog fighting on ESPN2 at 2:30 AM...I'd watch that **** out of it at least once (and likely be horrified). Dogs kill things all the time, I don't care if it is dogs killing other dogs. No difference than the Discovery Channel.
                      so putting two dogs in a cage and making them fight to the death for people's entertainment and gambling is okay...because dogs kill things.

oooookay

Comment

Working...
                      X