No announcement yet.

If you could write a boxing drama...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could write a boxing drama...?

I think to some extent the age old Rocky storyline is pretty worn at this stage - Rocky, Cinderella Man, Raging Bull, Real Steel, The Fighter, Lights Out. All of them were pretty much the same storyline.

If you could write your own boxing drama, what kind of more original storyline would you give it? Million Dollar Baby spun things in a different direction albeit keeping those same principles. Hajime No Ippo never really relied on the underdog story a la most boxing movies.

What would you make unique about the main character?
    Why is he into boxing?
    What are his goals?

Originally posted by croz View Post
    I think to some extent the age old Rocky storyline is pretty worn at this stage - Rocky, Cinderella Man, Raging Bull, Real Steel, The Fighter, Lights Out. All of them were pretty much the same storyline.

If you could write your own boxing drama, what kind of more original storyline would you give it? Million Dollar Baby spun things in a different direction albeit keeping those same principles. Hajime No Ippo never really relied on the underdog story a la most boxing movies.

What would you make unique about the main character?
    Why is he into boxing?
    What are his goals?
    Bernard Hopkin's life is like a damn movie

The only problem is it would need multiple movies since he's been on top for so long

Comment

I'd want to write it more about the downfall of a young fighter who had the hype, but never panned out. I'd make it depressing, starting with him at the top of his hype, and then getting knocked out and spiraling from there.

Comment

I think a movie about an incredibly talented boxer who had the goods from early on would break the mold. There's too many lame and played out underdog stories.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I'd want to write it more about the downfall of a young fighter who had the hype, but never panned out. I'd make it depressing, starting with him at the top of his hype, and then getting knocked out and spiraling from there.
          what about Wilfred Benitez? Although it did pan out some for him

Comment

I'd write the story of Chavez Jr trying to get to the Martinez fight on time in the manner of Pineapple Express.

I'd open with this but I'd present it as a 24/7 segement:

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              what about Wilfred Benitez? Although it did pan out some for him
              Benitez had the goods. I'm thinking more like a guy who everyone expects to be a great, but ends up being average.

Comment

The Cotto/Margarito situation. With focus on both of their fights, the hand wrap situation. Cotto's father, the problems with his wife.

Margarito being caught, the banning of his trainer. Did he do it/didn't he do it angles.

Themes on forgiveness, redemption, etc. Been thinking about this for awhile now.

Comment

pacquiao's story line is one for the ages, there was a a film back in the philippines about him. it sucked like hell, maybe if they make it with a bigger budget, it might make it as a blockbuster

Comment

Working...
                  X