No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez VS Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez VS Andre Ward

This is the fight want to see. Martinez against someone equal in size,speed and skill. This is a big money fight. Lets as fans start to apply pressure too these promoters,by demanding level fights. Martinez and Canelo challenging blown up jr welters should be a serious crime, worthy of losing a belt. Make these guys fght those in thier classes.
    Ward by Decision
    42.86%
    Ward by KO
    33.33%
    Martinez Decision
    11.90%
    Martinez by KO
    11.90%

The poll is expired.

both are too babies to take eacother on ...one thinks he's too small a division higher, the other does'nt want to move down a divison when he just fought a guy who did and theyre one division apart..

p4p , ward is better...

Comment

I think Ward gets him inside the distance. Sergio is getting old.

Comment

Well... Ward is P4P the most complete fighter... One of the smartest... The only thing he doesn't really have is great KO power, but he has the ability to KO people...

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
          This is the fight want to see. Martinez against someone equal in size,speed and skill. This is a big money fight. Lets as fans start to apply pressure too these promoters,by demanding level fights. Martinez and Canelo challenging blown up jr welters should be a serious crime, worthy of losing a belt. Make these guys fght those in thier classes.
          this sentence in bold makes it like Martinez takes advantage of fighting smaller guys !!

I think Martinez can't go up beyond Middleweight division , it is like fighting at Middleweight division for Floyd , Middleweight itself is not Martinez natural weight class IMO , and that is what makes him more impressive for me

Ward has to go down to get Martinez , and Martinez has to go down to get Floyd

My vote is Ward UD , I am rooting for Martinez the GREAT though
          Last edited by mezoomozaa; 11-04-2012, 03:55 AM.

Comment

martinez via ko

Comment

At 160? Sergio.

At 168? Ward.

Comment

Martinez knocks ward brutally unconscious, similar to the Williams fight

Comment

They beat each other in their respective weight classes. It's hard to say who's better p4p. Ward on the surface seems more polished and traditional, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's better p4p because it's hard to imagine either one losing to a man their size. It'd be a hard fight for both simce Martinez isnt stationary and wouldnt be there to be hit and grabbed. Ward would have someone who outmatches him athletically, has more power and throws a lot of punches from the southpaw stance AND works the body. Martinez though would have a guy just as smart as him if not more who's got a complete mix of everything. Ultimately I'd go with Serg, I think the activity and body punching is the difference. I dont know why but even though I think Ward is possibly better, I feel like Martinez is a bad matchup for him. I feel like if Ward can't swarm him and grab him and frustrate him that he'd be outworked over 12 rounds even though he's probably the better boxer.

Comment

Ward would mess Martinez up. Only chance Sergio would have is at a weight Ward can't make.

Comment

Working...
                    X