No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Fury on Tyson Fury’s Progress, Rise in Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogey View Post
    Fair enough we are all entitle to our opinions mate, but all i see is a lazy, immobile, lump with no power or fitness and barely a recognizable name on his record. Frankly he was not much better than the clown who went in the ring with Flintoff and the idea he was fighting in a world title eliminator is a disgrace to boxing.
    You've got David Price and Tyson Fury mixed up mate.

Price is the immobile lump with.

Comment

Well you should hate David Price then as he's the definition of overhyped

Comment

I ****ing deleted half my post by mistake.

Comment

We shall see, i dont know if Price is the real deal either will depend on how good his so far untested chin is and until he passes that test the jury is still out on him with me as well. So far though he looks a damn sight better than Fury with better skills and power, has brushed aside all his opponents easily where as Fury has struggled more than once against the same sort of opposition.

Comment

We shall see, i dont know if Price is the real deal either will depend on how good his so far untested chin is and until he passes that test the jury is still out on him with me as well. So far though he looks a damn sight better than Fury with better skills and power, has brushed aside all his opponents easily where as Fury has struggled more than once against the same sort of opposition.
            Name the fights where Fury has 'struggled' Price is over a year behind Fury in terms of the opposition he has faced. His best win is Sam Sexton (a small, light hitting counter puncher who works behind his jab -- in other words never a threat)

Comment

I've been reserving judgement on Price and Fury for a long time now. But after their last few fights, I can't help but feel Fury has real talent. He is much better than Price in every facet of the game except raw punching power. The fact is Fury moves remarkably well for such a big guy, he has the ability to slip punches quite well and to hold when necessary. Price's defence on the other hand consists of covering up, in a very inefficient and unsophisticated way. This does not bode well since he is supposed to be quite chinny. Heck, Matt Skelton even gave him trouble in the first round.

Price is severely overhyped in the UK. Fury is underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                Name the fights where Fury has 'struggled' Price is over a year behind Fury in terms of the opposition he has faced. His best win is Sam Sexton (a small, light hitting counter puncher who works behind his jab -- in other words never a threat)
                You must be joking asking who he has struggled against, dont you watch his fights ?
                He was battered by McDermott in the first fight and gifted a decision and was struggling big time in the second fight, Pajkic knocked him down and was giving him real problems before the premature stoppage, Firtha had him in terrible trouble on more than one occasion.
                In every one of those fights a real puncher would have put him away, even Chisora who is not much of a puncher and in disgraceful condition hurt him every time he had the energy to throw a punch.
                Last edited by hogey; 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM.

Comment

You must be joking asking who he has struggled against, dont you watch his fights ?
                  He was battered by McDermott in the first fight and gifted a decision and was struggling big time in the second fight, Pajkic knocked him down and was giving him real problems before the premature stoppage, Firtha had him in terrible trouble on more than one occasion.
                  In every one of those fights a real puncher would have put him away, even Chisora who is not much of a puncher and in disgraceful condition hurt him every time he had the energy to throw a punch.
                  I'm beginning to warm to Fury - he's developing well.

But, all of the above ^ is true.

Comment

Fury fought McDermott in his 8th professional fight, the fight wasn't a 'gift' but it was close. He certainly wasn't 'battered'

Pajkic knocked him down in the 2nd and was KOed in the 3rd.
                    Firtha caught Fury with an overhand right early in the 3rd round. Fury dominated in the 4th had Firtha down and won by KO in the 5th.

The struggles!

Comment

Working...
                    X