No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor fit, ready for return to ring and Pat Burns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by murmagic View Post
    he needs a few tune ups before fighting any good comp imo, he fought all elite level fighters in a row for a few years
    Agree. Someone should call Don King to set up a fight with Mayorga.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
      Zuniga, Brinkley, Miranda, or Steiglitz would be good comeback fights.
      What about librado andrade?

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
        Honestly I would say it's going to be impossible for a full mental recovery. Him beating a top level fighter at SMW is a real longshot at this point.
        Longshot? I think not. With good conditioning he could really make a come back. BUT HE HAS TO BE IN THE BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE. He MUST learn to pace himself while landing good shots.

If he can just gain some indurance he will will be on the fast track again.

War 501

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Shouldve never left Burns in the 1st place
          Exactly, if he would have kept Burns he'd be undefeated. I also think Steward was good for him but Taylor just can't get rid of those bad habits.

Comment

Originally posted by +The|Razor+ View Post
            Longshot? I think not. With good conditioning he could really make a come back. BUT HE HAS TO BE IN THE BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE. He MUST learn to pace himself while landing good shots.

If he can just gain some indurance he will will be on the fast track again.

War 501
            He's my hometown boy too, I'm just being realistic here. For the last two years on this site I've been championing Taylor with a series of "If" statements like the ones you just made. And we've heard this tune from him before. I need to see it in the ring before I call his chances at a serious comeback anything other than a longshot.

Comment

Jermain at the Alabama/Arkansas tailgate last weekend; doesn't look like he's got his mind on boxing at this particular moment.

Comment

Originally posted by freddyp View Post
                I wonder if JT still has it. He's been inactive for awhile now.
                There is no wondering for me. The man is done! JT was one of my favorite fighters coming out of his Olympic class. Then he got with Stewart, and everything changed...

You know what, maybe it wasn't Stewart...Maybe it was the level of competition. The B-hop fights, the Winky fight, and Pavlik had something to prove (losing to JT early in his career)...I still feel JT could have won the rematch if he wasn't so damn affraid of getting caught again.

Coupled with the fact that JT most likely still has stamina issues...I think it would just be best for JT to hang'em up. As a fan of his, that is what I think is best. Every KO since Pavlik only got worst..

That being said, if he comes back, I will support him. I just hope he doesn't. I hope someone can step in and save him from himself.

Comment

Jermain at the Alabama/Arkansas tailgate last weekend; doesn't look like he's got his mind on boxing at this particular moment.

He's still with his wife who is a professional basketball player isn't he? Who is that chick?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    He's still with his wife who is a professional basketball player isn't he? Who is that chick?
                    Probably some bird that wanted to take a pic who gives a ****

Comment

he looks in shape though....

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
                      There is no wondering for me. The man is done! JT was one of my favorite fighters coming out of his Olympic class. Then he got with Stewart, and everything changed...

You know what, maybe it wasn't Stewart...Maybe it was the level of competition. The B-hop fights, the Winky fight, and Pavlik had something to prove (losing to JT early in his career)...I still feel JT could have won the rematch if he wasn't so damn affraid of getting caught again.

Coupled with the fact that JT most likely still has stamina issues...I think it would just be best for JT to hang'em up. As a fan of his, that is what I think is best. Every KO since Pavlik only got worst..

That being said, if he comes back, I will support him. I just hope he doesn't. I hope someone can step in and save him from himself.
                      he would beat kessler......panda seriously believes that

froch seriously landed a lucky punch but was outboxed and put on his ass

he could beat pavlik....dont know if he would as pavlik did take his confidence

abraham would beat him again...

Comment

Working...
                      X