Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was a Floyd fan circa 2000-2008, started disliking him....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was a Floyd fan circa 2000-2008, started disliking him....

....BUT am back on the wagon and respect him as an ATG talent. I actually always respected his talent, even during my time of wanting to see him lose.

But lets face it, he schooled Pacquiao and took the mainstream public's money. WIN: Floyd. He got a bunch of rich people to pay for the most expensive tickets in boxing history, most of em' who don't know **** about Boxing and just arrived for the main event. WIN: Floyd.

I know why people dislike him. The way he fights (or boxes), one would think that he deserves Rigondeaux type of money, not Iron Mike Tyson, Heavyweight type of money. But it is what it is. The next PPV will probably bomb (but does Floyd even really care? He just made out like a bandit with this payday. He could fight on Al Haymon's PBC against an easy opponent in a farewell fight) He will need to pick a UK based fighter (Amir Khan or Kell Brook) and antagonize the hell out of the European fanbase to pay for the fight, after putting on a boxing clinic against his primary nemesis for the last half decade.

There is a lot of butt hurt on NSB and even on Facebook comment sections. A lot of minimum wage people spent half their paycheck on the PPV for a #Pacwins victory, and not only did they not get that, but Floyd won by slowing the fight down and reducing both fighters punch output as if it were a sparring session. Oh, you expected a barnburner type fight that movies are made about? WIN: Floyd
    Last edited by cupocity303; 05-03-2015, 07:15 PM.

He did it just like Roger. He had an open offense back in his younger years and then slowed it down later. Preservation is a real term in this sport, and I don't blame him.

Comment

Well said. Floyd's laughing his way to the bank and has significantly enhanced his legacy all in one night.

Comment

Welcome back yea it wouldn't shock me if Floyd fought on pbc. Would do some massive numbers but money would be an issue

Comment

yeah i was just thinking that. he spoiled the show for all the people who wanted to see him lose soooo badly, stole all their money, and decisively beat pacquiao in a performance his fans and purist enjoyed

Comment

Not sure how much it really enhances Floyd's legacy considering Marquez knocked a fresher Pacquiao out cold in a entertaining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
              Not sure how much it really enhances Floyd's legacy considering Marquez knocked a fresher Pacquiao out cold in a entertaining fight.
              who else has made pacquiao look like that? landing 90 punches? maidana landed 128 in the rematch, canelo landed 117, robert gurerro landed 113

Comment

Originally posted by P.Esco View Post
                who else has made pacquiao look like that? landing 90 punches? maidana landed 128 in the rematch, canelo landed 117, robert gurerro landed 113
                Marquez has arguably beaten Pacquiao more times than Manny has beaten him and with the knock out being the cherry on top.

Yes the whole world is shocked at Pacquiao's low punch volume, don't know what him and Roach were thinking, even casuals know by now you won't out box Floyd. Maidana, Canelo and Guerro landing more on Floyd then Pac, who would have ever thought that.

Don't forget Morales out boxed Manny too.

We can argue all night who beat Pacquiao in greater fashion in his total of 6 losses but that falls down to personal preference, obviously Floyd fans will say Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                X