No announcement yet.

Hopkin's take on Matthyse VS Danny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkin's take on Matthyse VS Danny

Garcia doesn't have to pitch a no-hitter. And Garcia cannot be a ghost. You want to make him into Floyd overnight? Garcia will have to eat some shots but Garcia is as dangerous as Matthysse...and bigger and stronger. Overhyped analysis. Fairly even fight.

Comment

This is old isn't it?

And yea, everyone thought PEDerson was bigger and stronger too. We know how that turned out.

How y'all come to the conclusion that a fighter is stronger than the other? Where or when has Garcia shown that he's stronger than Matthysse?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        How y'all come to the conclusion that a fighter is stronger than the other? Where or when has Garcia shown that he's stronger than Matthysse?
        [/I][/SIZE]
        The gift of observation.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
          Garcia doesn't have to pitch a no-hitter. And Garcia cannot be a ghost. You want to make him into Floyd overnight? Garcia will have to eat some shots but Garcia is as dangerous as Matthysse...and bigger and stronger. Overhyped analysis. Fairly even fight.
          Must be some other Garcia you have in mind, becasue there's no way in hell Dany Garcia is stronger than Lucas Matthysse. Any fighter that faced both will tell you that much (Zab Judah), so does their KO records. Matthysse has a clear power advantage, and the way to beat him is avoiding him all fight long, which is something Danny just isnt capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd
            Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

[/I][/SIZE]

The gift of observation.
            Good answer.

FYI bigger doesn't automatically mean stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              This is old isn't it?

And yea, everyone thought PEDerson was bigger and stronger too. We know how that turned out.

it looks like it was taken on the night of the peterson fight.
              who cares, though. it's better than 98% of the videos you see posted. elle sechbach's crap, etc.

hopkins knows his stuff, and he's being quite candid in spite of a philly fighter being part of the equation. the guy asking the questions does a good job as well.

that "perfect" line gets me from hopkins. matthysse can be beaten, but you've got to be on your A game. making a mistake against zab judah will catch you a counter uppercut, a quick two piece, etc. making a bad mistake against lucas matthysse will either get you going or put you out.

Comment

I have no idea how the guy who said Danny is stronger understands boxing. Danny is a strong kid, yes indeed one of the strongest in the 140 division, but Matthysse is stronger my friend. Matthysse's power comes across as the full force Tyson blows, where as Garcia has that hurting power, but not the sort of finishing power.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi1987 View Post
                  I have no idea how the guy who said Danny is stronger understands boxing. Danny is a strong kid, yes indeed one of the strongest in the 140 division, but Matthysse is stronger my friend. Matthysse's power comes across as the full force Tyson blows, where as Garcia has that hurting power, but not the sort of finishing power.
                  Stronger doesn't necessarily mean more powerful. Eg Paulie Malignaggi is deceptively strong in clinches and stuff but has the punching power of a 12 year old girl...

Comment

Working...
                  X