No announcement yet.

Odlanier Solis.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odlanier Solis.

Just out of curiosity, what is this board's general opinion on Solis? Once a highly touted, and maybe still promising, cuban heavyweight, who seemed to either possibly take a dive against Vitali, or seriously injure his leg.

As an amateur he was great, and almost as good as his smaller comrade Gamboa, but what do you guys make of this 1st round knockout loss to Vitali? In my opinion, the shot to the temple didn't seem too heavy, and Solis' response was awkward and questionable. It's a bizarre turn of events, that I'm sure you guys discussed heavily months ago, but what do we make of him now?

I'm a massive fan of the Cubans, especially Gamboa & Lara.

Whens he next fighting?? I would watch him again.....

Comment

his workrate don't compare to his talent/abilities.

If he got into shape he could be the third best hw in the world and possibly take over the throne one day.

Comment

Is a fat lazy fighter with weak knees

Comment

Very overweight men often have knee problems, too much stress on the tendons and joints.

He was playing basketball when he was up to 275 pounds when he first had problems with it.

Knee injuries will sometimes end an athlete's career. Last I heard he won't be back until 2012.

Comment

Well the injury was real, Vitali thought he threw the fight but later I think Vitali even realized Solis stumbled on his fat ass and hurt his ankle/knee or whatever the hell he hurt. And Solis probably is the 3rd best heavyweight because of his boxing skills/power. I don't know if he'll recover properly from the injury he got tho. He might not be the same again.

Comment

He's a fat, stupid, lazy, Spongebob-brandishing waste of groceries who will never accomplish anything in pro boxing aside from getting fatter and fatter.

Hey, you asked for opinions!
              Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-18-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

If Solis was smart, he'd be on a strict diet right now since he won't be on his feet for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                  If Solis was smart, he'd be on a strict diet right now since he won't be on his feet for awhile.
                  I'll bet he is on a strict diet -- of Krispy Kremes.
                  Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-18-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

On the other hand, I think his fellow Cuban comrade Gamboa is destined for greatness. Or at least some of the more exciting featherweight/lightweight bouts we'll see in the coming years.

I'd love to see Solis come back stronger, in shape, and prove his quality, but it'll be a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X