Limey Lounge Cricket Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
    Yeah but British sport is **** lol.

I of course support England in ALL sports but man you have to admit that changes are needed at the highest level.

How can winning the ashes once in 20 years be seen as acceptiable.

Our football team has never won the European cup, won the world cup once, about 50 years back.

Our rugby team seemed to be on the up but is now diabolical

but i think we are ok at darts so we can be happy about that.

The problem is eliteism in british sport, If you dont think there is a problem, that means you are ok with losing and that makes you a loser.
    I think maybe its your problem getting caught up in the hype. I have no problem with someone saying "I think England are gonna win because......" thats a prediction. But it seems like you think this is somehow being cocky and we should say "England will definitely lose because we're rubbish and we think we're better than we are"

Generally for quite a small island we compete very well in most sports.

Winning the ashes once in 20 years is acceptable? So you think the best way to solve this problem is to slag off the team. I don't understand your logic.

Comment

• Love cricket. Its my fave sport joint with boxing.

In sad news, Freddie Flintoff is to retire from test cricket.

He was at his best, the finest allrounder since Imran Khan in the late 80's. Still to play T20 mind you. Enjoy these last 4 Ashes tests, it'll be ages before we see someone like Fred again.

Comment

• Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
        Love cricket. Its my fave sport joint with boxing.

In sad news, Freddie Flintoff is to retire from test cricket.

He was at his best, the finest allrounder since Imran Khan in the late 80's. Still to play T20 mind you. Enjoy these last 4 Ashes tests, it'll be ages before we see someone like Fred again.
        always thought he was a bit overhyped.

Comment

• Flintoff wasn't overhyped, sadly he was over-injured though.

Huge layoffs and dodgy knees took their toll on him!

Comment

• Not a terrible day from England. I'd like to see us reach 500 really, I don't know whether Strauss can hold on through the tail, but it's a reachable score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
              Not a terrible day from England. I'd like to see us reach 500 really, I don't know whether Strauss can hold on through the tail, but it's a reachable score.
              Swann and Broad can bat a bit, and Anderson can hold on for a while. Hopefully Strauss can get a very big ton.

All out for 410 though I reckon.

Comment

• Well done Strauss, he certainly has improved with the bat.

Again Peitersen failed to deliver. If he had scored a 100 we would be on 420 odd and looking good.

Sorry to harp on about K.P i just wish he would find some real decent form, i love watching him play at his best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                  Well done Strauss, he certainly has improved with the bat.

Again Peitersen failed to deliver. If he had scored a 100 we would be on 420 odd and looking good.

Sorry to harp on about K.P i just wish he would find some real decent form, i love watching him play at his best.
                  KP got out to a good delivery today, but he wasn't looking in the right frame of mind.

Colly threw his wicket away today.

Strauss bats better when he's captain. Probably his best ever knock today. Hope he can add a good few more runs tomorrow.

Comment

• when I left for work England were about 130 something, I was surprise when I heard that they crumbled so easily, lucky for you Straus is there.

Comment

• but a sad news is that, the only relevant test series is the Ashes the other tests may die out, if they dont arrange the test matches into a league format, what do you guys think about the test matches, other than the ashes, being made into a league fomat.

Comment

Working...
                      X