Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys realise that Golovkin and Canelo have sparred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Means nothing.....and we all shud already know that

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      No definitely not, it was pretty back and forth from what people who were there say. I will copy and past article.
      Thanks man. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ThumperMcDougal View Post
        Thanks man. Good stuff!
        Read the article its a great read if you haven't before.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
          Means nothing.....and we all shud already know that
          Well the fact that GGG has always openly said that Canelo is the best fighter he has been in the ring with, based off those sessions, probably means something. Plus what I have been reading recently is a lot of posts and comments about the fight going like every other GGG fight and a lot of people of the opinion that Canlo will be a pushover. The reason for my thread is that quite a few posters here need to realise that regardless of the result Canelo is a significant step up from what GGG has been fighting thus far.

Comment

Well the fact that GGG has always openly said that Canelo is the best fighter he has been in the ring with, based off those sessions, probably means something. Plus what I have been reading recently is a lot of posts and comments about the fight going like every other GGG fight and a lot of people of the opinion that Canlo will be a pushover. The reason for my thread is that quite a few posters here need to realise that regardless of the result Canelo is a significant step up from what GGG has been fighting thus far.
            There is nobody in boxing that is going to beat a prime Canelo easily. This notion that some people have is nonsensical.

A 21 year old Canelo, by all accounts, gave Golovkin a damn good fight and he has improved massively since then in every department. That was 2 years before the Mayweather fight, everyone should see the huge improvements he has made, as well as the size and power difference between a 21 year old and 25 year old Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              There is nobody in boxing that is going to beat a prime Canelo easily. This notion that some people have is nonsensical.

A 21 year old Canelo, by all accounts, gave Golovkin a damn good fight and he has improved massively since then in every department. That was 2 years before the Mayweather fight, everyone should see the huge improvements he has made, as well as the size and power difference between a 21 year old and 25 year old Canelo.
              Meh, not interested. Is this the same Canelo who couldn't even hurt or knockdown Cotto or Lara, meanwhile Angulo and Pacquaio have both managed to deal with his opponents in a better fashion, despite one weighing considerably less.

Has he improved? Probably. Has his power? I don't think so. His power has always been overstated. In regards to the article, I wouldn't call it a good fight, maybe competitive at the start, but as you read further you can see the focus begins to shift to Golovkin putting Canelo in his place.
              Last edited by T18Z; 04-25-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                Meh, not interested. Is this the same Canelo who couldn't even really hurt Cotto or Lara?

Has he improved? Probably. Has he power? I don't think so. His power has always been overstated. In regards to the article, I wouldn't call it a good fight, it looks like slowly but surely Golovkin started dominating him.
                He badly hurt Cotto in the 12th with a body shot, there's a reason Cotto wasn't throwing power shots during the fight, he was on the move all night.

He doesn't have one punch KO power, but he has thudding power and is very strong physically. Compare the Canelo from that time (Rhodes fight) to the current version, it's a completely different level of fighter in every area.

There have been many accounts of the Golovkin-Canelo sparring, all of which tell the story of an excellent back and forth battle.

Comment

Read the article its a great read if you haven't before.
                  Very good read... Thanks for posting.

Comment

It's old news, and it's just that. Sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                      Meh, not interested. Is this the same Canelo who couldn't even hurt or knockdown Cotto or Lara, meanwhile Angulo and Pacquaio have both managed to deal with his opponents in a better fashion, despite one weighing considerably less.

Has he improved? Probably. Has his power? I don't think so. His power has always been overstated. In regards to the article, I wouldn't call it a good fight, maybe competitive at the start, but as you read further you can see the focus begins to shift to Golovkin putting Canelo in his place.
                      I don't really make this fight about power but make no mistake Canelo can punch...he is not a one punch KO artist but he can definitely hit. He is not a fighter who looks for a knockout though I will give you that, he looks for openings and is methodical and doesn't force it, so that is probably why he doesn't always get KO's or hurt fighters he was expected to. But if you rush him or are irresponsible in your approach and he hits you right, he will put anyone in and around his weight class down including GGG.

I think the one thing I haven't mentioned in this thread is that I think GGG wins this fight right now, but the longer it goes, the more Canelo improves and grows, the closer this fight gets. You say you are not interested, and obviously you are a GGG fan, but if a 28 year old GGG himself said that Canelo (21 year old version) is the best he's been in the ring with and quote "he was strong and fast with very good skills" Then as a fan that is something should definitely show up on your radar as a warning signal in my opinion, and if you think that Canelo today isn't better, isn't sturdier, more powerful, smarter than that version, you most definitely have your head in the clouds.

I think some of you GGG fans are going to get a certain lesson for the first time when it comes to your fav fighter that most of us have already experienced. Boxing is about levels, and eventually said fighter fights someone and all of a sudden he doesn't look so good anymore, he looks like there is something wrong with him, he seems slower, less accurate, the other guy seems to be taking the shots better, and your asking yourself, 'why isn't he doing what he normally does?' For GGG win or lose I think that someone will be Canelo, and for a lot of his fans who think he will dominate for years and climb up weight divisions, it will be a bit of a rude awakening.

Comment

Working...
                      X