Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Fighters Would Have Never Been Champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 percent of the boxers who were never lineal chmaps

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
      Chris algieri
      Joe calzaghe
      Amir Khan
      Adrien broner
      Paul malignaggi
      Milton mccrory
      Tony tucker
      Arthur Abraham
      Peter quiilen
      Riddick bowe
      There's loads more
      I agree with most of those except Bowe and I hate to. I was never a Riddick Bowe fan, but given that Holyfield was the man at one time and most likely would have been even with one title, Bowe did beat him in the first fight for sure and even beat him again in the third. He would have been champion but briefly. I think he ducked a lot of people. He'd probably pull the same stunt and refuse to fight Lewis, knowing he'd get beat.

Comment

Why not just name guys from right now...

Heavyweight:Wilder( wouldn't beat Wlad)
        Super middle Abraham or anyone else.. Wouldn't beat Ward
        Middleweight: Cotto,Lee wouldn't beat GGG
        140-Broner can't beat Postol or Crawford
        Anyone at 122 cause they can't beat Rigo....

I'm sure there's about 50 more just right now with all the paper titles out there.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          I agree with most of those except Bowe and I hate to. I was never a Riddick Bowe fan, but given that Holyfield was the man at one time and most likely would have been even with one title, Bowe did beat him in the first fight for sure and even beat him again in the third. He would have been champion but briefly. I think he ducked a lot of people. He'd probably pull the same stunt and refuse to fight Lewis, knowing he'd get beat.
          And that's why I said him because Lewis was around at the same time...and if it was just 1 title then Lewis would have beaten him...bowe won the title a fraction before Lewis and would have just kept it a short time after having to face Lewis .....the histor of the fight was a double header really Lewis faced razor ruddock and holyfield faced bowe with the promise of who ever won would fight each other so because bowe ducked Lewis that's why I said he would not have been world champion for that reason buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

I'm sure there's about 50 more just right now with all the paper titles out there.
            I'm in agreement with all of those.

Wilder would have had to fight somebody with a heartbeat before getting his shot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
              Riddick after agreeing the winners must face each other decided to throw his WBC title in the bin and refused to fight Lewis ...look it up m8 it's true

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                And that's why I said him because Lewis was around at the same time...and if it was just 1 title then Lewis would have beaten him...bowe won the title a fraction before Lewis and would have just kept it a short time after having to face Lewis .....the histor of the fight was a double header really Lewis faced razor ruddock and holyfield faced bowe with the promise of who ever won would fight each other so because bowe ducked Lewis that's why I said he would not have been world champion for that reason buddy
                Okay, wow. Great explanation. I totally see your point now. And you know what, since I'm no Bowe fan, I like how that plays out. I think this shows a huge difference. Bowe wouldn't have been able to duck Lewis. He would have HAD to fight him if he wanted a title and of course, he would have. So we could have actually seen the fight, which I believe Lewis would have won as well but then we would know.

Comment

Just doing the math going from 68 to 8 champions.....A LOT of mfers wouldn't have been champions. I think in some of the more competitive divisions some really great long standing champions, I won't dare speculate who to avoid drama lol, wouldn't have won the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Just doing the math going from 68 to 8 champions.....A LOT of mfers wouldn't have been champions. I think in some of the more competitive divisions some really great long standing champions, I won't dare speculate who to avoid drama lol, wouldn't have won the title.
                    When you think about it, there's really no telling. I think Orlando Canizales's 16 title defense reign would have been cut short. The guy was excellent, but he held the IBF title and didn't have the toughest challengers in there.

I think Hopkins wouldn't have reigned quite as long, but it would probably be close.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

and anyone who had a title at 147 since 2006-2008 and 2009-2015 cause none were going to beat Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X