Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has had (or will have) more than one truly meaningful win this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins over Cloud/Murat gets my vote.

/Thread

Comment

Garcia's win over Lucas is greater than Rigo's over Donaire imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Donaire was top five p4p and multiple weight class champion. Matthysse, while a good fighter, was never ranked top ten.

Comment

No way!

Lucas Matthysse wasn't a top 5 P4P fighter or had such a resume. Plus, Rigo handled Donaire with relative ease, the Garcia/Matthysse fight was quite close.

Comment

I agree. Danny was the underdog, didn't backpedal for 11 rounds and didn't get knocked down; he knocked down the beast who was supposed to destroy Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
              I agree. Danny was the underdog, didn't backpedal for 11 rounds and didn't get knocked down; he knocked down the beast who was supposed to destroy Danny.
              Rigo was the underdog too. He also didn't clinch and low blow 1000 times.

Comment

Estrada too. Beat Viloria and Melindo with likely one more title defense this year.

Comment

It's Floyd. Lucas had a shot but he lost. Canelo had a shot but he lost. Rigo has the best single win but no other fights. It's hard to make a legitimate argument for anyone but Floyd. Danny is probably second. Rigo 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    The fact is, Guererro and Canelo were both in the Top 10 P4P (The Ring)

Canelo was the event of the year.

These are the kind of things they look at.

Floyd's going to win it. I'd be shocked if he doesn't.
                    yeah but who really thought or could justify them being on the list was right?..no one could .. they were the biggest joke of fighters to ever be on that list period...

rigo or garcia should be the obvious choice here but i do think they're going to give it to floyd..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      yeah but who really thought or could justify them being on the list was right?..no one could .. they were the biggest joke of fighters to ever be on that list period...

rigo or garcia should be the obvious choice here but i do think they're going to give it to floyd..
                      I can understand where you're coming from but I'm just looking at it from the point of view of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X