Chael Sonnen Pleads Guilty to Federal Money Laundering Charges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    a. I don't watch television;
    b. I'd be willing to go toe-to-toe with anyone on any of those TIMED current events/polisci online tests, you could even cheat by collecting up your entire inbred family to assist you in the mediocre score you'd all achieve; and
    c. Dole/Kemp, Bush/Cheney, McCain/Palin. U.S. Republicans are ridiculous. Always have been, always will be. SEE Sonnen.

E
    What about Lincoln?

Comment

Originally posted by American_Ninja View Post
      Who says he's only getting Probation?
      Guilty plea shadows Chael Sonnen vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 128
      by John Morgan and Steven Marrocco on Jan 03, 2011 at 11:25 pm ET
      Chael Sonnen's life just got a lot more complicated, as if it weren't already.

The UFC middleweight, who's currently serving a suspension from the California State Athletic Commission, today plead guilty to federal charges of money laundering – a charge that carries a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in prison and a $500,000 fine – according to a release issued today by the U.S. District Attorney's Office in Oregon.

His sentencing is set to begin 10 days after he is expected to fight Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 128, according to sources close to the event, which today informed MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the pending booking just as news of the legal trouble broke.

UFC 128 takes place March 19 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and features a light heavyweight title bout between champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and former champ Rashad Evans.

It's unknown whether a potential prison sentence will torpedo the middleweight bout's possibility as representatives from the UFC could not be reached at the time of this writing. However, The Oregonian is reporting Sonnen has reached a plea deal with the District Attorney that will result in a two-year probation, along with a $10,000 fine and the revocation of his realtor license.
      Sonnen is currently serving a sentence of another sort, a suspension handed out by the California State Athletic Commission for elevated levels of testosterone following his fight-of-the-year candidate at UFC 117 with middleweight champion Anderson Silva. He was unsuccessful in appealing the punishment this past month at a CSAC hearing in Sacramento, Calif., though the commission voted to reduce his suspension from one year to six months while also issuing a $2,500 fine.

The District Attorney states Sonnen conducted a financial transaction that was "designed to conceal or disguise the ownership and control of the proceeds of wire fraud."

"This office will continue to aggressively prosecute real estate professionals who committed the mortgage fraud that contributed to this country’s economic downturn and wreaked havoc on our community’s housing market," Dwight Holton, U. S. Attorney for the District of Oregon, stated in the release.

As part of his plea deal, Sonnen agreed to give up his Realtor's license and pay a $10,000 fine, said Michelle Holman Kerin, the assistant U.S. attorney handling the case.

Sonnen could not immediately be reached for comment.
      http://mmajunkie.com/news/21966/desp...or-ufc-128.mma

Comment

a. I don't watch television;
        b. I'd be willing to go toe-to-toe with anyone on any of those TIMED current events/polisci online tests, you could even cheat by collecting up your entire inbred family to assist you in the mediocre score you'd all achieve; and
        c. Dole/Kemp, Bush/Cheney, McCain/Palin. U.S. Republicans are ridiculous. Always have been, always will be. SEE Sonnen.

E
        I've seen you go toe-to-toe in the Lounge and get wrecked, lol.

U MAD?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          What about Lincoln?
          "I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

E

Comment

"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

E
            You're right, he hated black people, never did anything for them....

Comment

Anyway, this isn't a political forum, but judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few screams ignorance. I would not be suprised if you where a closet racist...

Comment

I used to like sonnen but the guy is a true scumbag. He cheated in his title fight and now cons the US government. He is a true *****!!

Comment

This indeed is not a political discussion subforum (so stop provoking me). When you for one instant believe that what happened as a consequence of the U.S. Civil War was on account of Abraham Lincoln's supreme benevolence and love for the African American (SEE "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union;") and not simply and solely a clearly stated intention to defeat the Confederates, then you are either a) trolling or b) extremely uneducated. When you run across U.S. Republicans and find that they are one hundred percent of the time complete imbeciles, then you formulate a rightful judgment on their ideology. One hundred percent imbeciles. George W. Bush: four more years.

That is all.

E

Postscript. Chael Sonnen (R-OR): one hundred percent imbecile.

Comment

This indeed is not a political discussion subforum (so stop provoking me). When you for one instant believe that what happened as a consequence of the U.S. Civil War was on account of Abraham Lincoln's supreme benevolence and love for the African American (SEE "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union;") and not simply and solely a clearly stated intention to defeat the Confederates, then you are either a) trolling or b) extremely uneducated. When you run across U.S. Republicans and find that they are one hundred percent of the time complete imbeciles, then you formulate a rightful judgment on their ideology. One hundred percent imbeciles. George W. Bush: four more years.

That is all.

E

Postscript. Chael Sonnen (R-OR): one hundred percent imbecile.
                    This is almost as ignorant as claiming all black people are criminals. Sickening really...

Comment

UFC suspends fallen former superstar Chael Sonnens contract

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/04/ufc-su...ey-laundering/

Chaels falling from grace faster than a asteroid, first his win over anderson has been put into question due to his shockingly high testosterone levels in post fight tests(chaels believes he needs it for medical reasons) now hes gonna be convicted for money laundering, chael is minimum gonna out of the ufc for atleast 2years after his sentencing which will take place 10days after his last ufc fight which will be against yoshohiro akiyama at ufc 128 in the co-main event, I'm guessing zuffa/ufc chose akiyama because they think chaels finished and they chose somebody who can stop his takedowns and probably win the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X