Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is one of the few whos fanbase transcended race and nationalism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea thats maybe as impressive as what he did in the ring. I mean there aren't really any non-American, non-Latino's who had much of a following in the US to even get to the PPV level. Lennox Lewis is the only other guy that comes to mind (GGG too, but GGG has sold dick PPV's at this point), but he's a distant 2nd to Manny. When you throw in that Manny is maybe like the least likely guy to become huge (Filipino in US with a handful of L's in a anti-L era who formerly fought at 112lbs) its nuts to think about where he got to.

Comment

No idea how anyone can hate Pacquiao. He is an ATG, future HOF, one of the greatest of his era.

War Pacquiao and fuck Nike

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
        Who else can beat so many mexicans and yet at the end of the day when its all said and done be loved by mexicans, even the greatest mexican JCC snr loves Pacquiao.
        Pacquiao comes from the same mold as Ali, SRL, JCC. Hes loved by boxing fans and casual fans a like, even people who dont follow boxing like him.

Since hes definetely going to be running for senate it appears that his boxing career is finished. Hes had a great run, whether youre a fan or not Pacquiao deserves respect.
        After he got Mexicuted by Marquez, ktfo6, his popularity increased. To come back from such a devestating KO loss and beat Algieri was amazing!!

War PAC !!!

So many Mexicans wanted to see him whip Floyd, Jhonny & I wanted to see Floyd KTFO too!

Manny is easy to like!!! I loved his LGBT statements!!! F Nike forever!

Comment

I only have sons! But if I did have a daughter and 50 year old male claims he a girl!

They should not be legally aloud to share the same bathroom.

Is it me or has everyone lost there mind!

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            still trying to find away that pacquiao is better than mayweather. won't work. stop being a butthurt weakling
            Still upset kellerman thinks PAC is greater. As long as you think Floyd is better that's all that should matter

Comment

Every fighter transcends race and nationalism nowadays. I remember a few years back a tsunami knocked out internet in The Philippines for several days. Pac/May ****posting vanished during the span. While Pac definitely has a multinational fanbase, however the bulk of his obsessive support is still almost entirely based on nationalism.

Comment

pac man was a beast, great fighter with tons of heart

Comment

Originally posted by NotTheFace View Post
                  i think he might be the only one of 2 in boxing history. Tyson was another. white boys love Tyson. main reason being he's like all the negative stereotypes of a black man smashed into one.

GGG, Kovalev, Klit are having trouble having crossover appeal...
                  not true. people hated tyson. hardcore fans love him but everyone else was afraid of him.

Comment

#48 doe.

Morales 1, ''I didn't have my gloves...I gave blood.''

Marquez 4. R.E.M.

I love threads that create fake hype that Mexicans love Pac. Mexicans will only remember that Marquez put Pac to sleep. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. is an old generation and isn't fooling anyone that because he gives Pac credit here and there doesn't translate that Mexico roared in pride when Marquez the Aztec warrior set it out straight. Marquez Pac 1, Draw. Floored 3 times in Rd 1. Goooood lawdd don't mess with a Mexican!

Comment

Every fighter is going to have people that dislike him. I couldn't care less about a fighter's race, religion, color, ethnicity, etc. Quite a few fight fans are like this, however there appears to be a large section that care about such nonsense. From a sociological perspective the fighters that "transcend" those barriers are fighters that able to navigate what the dominate culture expects of a from minority or someone who is "different." Keep in mind this is coming is from a white middle class man. From an ethnocentric viewpoint the fighter must "know his place." If a fighter does not fit into that norm, the masses seem to align against him.

Comment

Working...
                      X