No announcement yet.

Any Richard Dwyer fans on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
    I like some of his breakdowns but a lot of the time he's wrong.
    Right or wrong about fight results, the way he talks about boxing and fighters is interesting to me. Knowing fighters styles and previous fights is no guarantee of being correct in those predictions as we all know, but it can help other people form an opinion on a fighter or fights, sometimes change that opinion. I feel like I have a better understanding of things the more I listen to people like that tbh

Maybe it's just filling my head with more nonsense???

Comment

I like Dwyer. He overlooks a lot of intangibles, like if a fighter is shot to sh|t for instance (he hung on to Mundine way past his expiry date LOL), but he is good for the most part. He is also a guy on youtube who talks boxing that is not a fanboy.

Comment

i like the guy, he is educated, articulate and thoughtful in his analysis. I do think he puts a lot of emphasis on the underdog but that is because he is doing it from a gamblers point of view. He had a few good predictions where people were writing him off (they can't all be true). i think he said Thompson over price, he had Fury over Klitschko and he also said Degale would rule the SMW division (that was years ago before Degale won anything major)

Comment

Dwyer & Nacho >>> Everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            Right or wrong about fight results, the way he talks about boxing and fighters is interesting to me. Knowing fighters styles and previous fights is no guarantee of being correct in those predictions as we all know, but it can help other people form an opinion on a fighter or fights, sometimes change that opinion. I feel like I have a better understanding of things the more I listen to people like that tbh

Maybe it's just filling my head with more nonsense???
            I used to be fully anti-Dwyer but I've gone neutral on him. He can break down fighters styles but his picks are atrocious. He's like marmite tbh and I'll listen to him for a very very obscure fight if needs be.

Comment

Check Hooks was tracking his bets in the fantasy betting forum for a while. He was losing at a pretty substantial clip.

Listen to his videos for his breakdowns if you want. But if you're interested in following his betting advice, I'm interested in being your bookie.

Comment

Dwyer is great.

He gives you a lengthy styles breakdown, then you just pick the opposite of his pick. Profit.

Comment

Why are guys so intent on hating on him? He offers unique takes from a gamblers perspective. If he wanted
                  to win more than he lost he'd just put videos up when mayweather or GGG are fighting mandatories. The point is he tries to find edges on the bookies by looking at styles and breaking down fights. It's pretty rare that fans/even former boxers look at styles in fights so it's good that Dwyer is making that contribution.

Comment

Working...
                  X