No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Doors Remain Wide Open To All Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
    No.. perhaps you should get off GBP and Floyd's "cawk" you clueless imbecile. And again you prove you have the business savy of homeless crack head... HBO isn't losing much money at all on Floyd's PPV money being that they just about crack even with the money they invest into the events. Monthly subscriptions is what brings in the money.. NOT PPV events. Get a clue and come back with more intelligent arguments.
    Wow saying Floyd won't ever fight on the network means squat considering showtime will be the distributor making half of whatever is earned with said Floyd and Canelo PPVs. But yeah, Floyd won't be making them money. Stay in school kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
      Wow saying Floyd won't ever fight on the network means squat considering showtime will be the distributor making half of whatever is earned with said Floyd and Canelo PPVs. But yeah, Floyd won't be making them money. Stay in school kiddo.
      And exactly how much of "half of whatever is earned" goes into replacing the money they're already investing in promoting and putting on the actual event, not to mention paying off Floyd's new contract??.. Exactly. Go back to school kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
        Don't agree with the Floyd part at all - HBO did huge numbers with all their Floyd fights, you're naive if you think they 'let' Mayweather go to Showtime, that move in itself was a huge kick to HBO's nuts.
        I'm sure they ran the numbers and made a fair attempt to keep Floyd, but obviously they didn't feel the money Showtime guaranteed him was worth matching. I doubt it was much of a kick in the nuts if they felt they couldn't make the money back in return. Believe me HBO could have easily matched if they thought it was worth it.

Comment

And exactly how much of "half of whatever is earned" goes into replacing the money they're already investing in promoting and putting on the actual event, not to mention paying off Floyd's new contract??.. Exactly. Go back to school kiddo.
          They don't have to pay off Floyd's contract right away. You're not serious. Floyd guarantees himself the money. Then whatever the PPV makes in revenue and gate half of it goes to the distributor. and it is A LOT more than barely cracking even You think Floyd just keeps everything?

Show me a source where these networks barely break even.

Comment

I'm sure they ran the numbers and made a fair attempt to keep Floyd, but obviously they didn't feel the money Showtime guaranteed him was worth matching. I doubt it was much of a kick in the nuts if they feel they could make the money back in return. Believe me HBO could have easily matched if they thought it was worth it.
            Lol so is this what an HBOtard looks like?

Comment

They don't have to pay off Floyd's contract right away. You're not serious. Floyd guarantees himself the money. Then whatever the PPV makes in revenue and gate half of it goes to the distributor. and it is A LOT more than barely cracking even You think Floyd just keeps everything?

Show me a source where these networks barely break even.
              And how do you know that Floyd "guarentees himself the money"??.. And you still didn't answer my question in regards to how much they're making back from the money they're already investing genius. Show me a source that proves they're making so much more money then what they're investing.. I'll be waiting.

Comment

GB will have fights back on HBO but this is Hershman making a stand and not allowing Schafer give him bs 'building block' fights while his better competitive fights are on Shotime

Hopefully HBO expands it's normal boundaries and can work with S-Land and get some of their Crusierweights to the network

Comment

Lol so is this what an HBOtard looks like?
                  Throwing corny insults like a butthurt female doesn't win you an argument dumbass lol

Comment

And how do you know that Floyd "guarentees himself the money"??.. And you still didn't answer my question in regards to how much they're making back from the money they're already investing genius. Show me a source that proves they're making so much more money then what they're investing.. I'll be waiting.
                    Also - We don't know what Showtime is investing but we do know they GET HALF of what Floyd brings in revenue (that is standard) That's what matters to them and thats what mattered to HBO, thats why they are butthurt at the moment.

They lost out on a huge pot.

Comment

GBP need to talk to S pike tv, Showtime can't have all those fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X