Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz/Berto 2 is a mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telling you ortiz fans are not going to be happy when your man leaves the ring in a casket. Berto took ortiz lightly and was not prepared for the pressure and determination ortiz brought. Berto will break him down boxing in the center of the ring and eventually knock ortiz the **** out.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      it did seem like Berto chose to take a knee

that's what happens when your papi punishes you, or when the alpha dog challenges the beta . . cower in fear. . .

Comment

Originally posted by pvenditto88 View Post
        Telling you ortiz fans are not going to be happy when your man leaves the ring in a casket. Berto took ortiz lightly and was not prepared for the pressure and determination ortiz brought. Berto will break him down boxing in the center of the ring and eventually knock ortiz the **** out.

Comment

if bertos fights ortiz like he did zaveck he's going to lose.....dont see what changed in berto for ppl to be so confident in the guy.

Comment

If Berto does not work on his footwork and jab,it will be a mismatch..You can't just allow a bull rush kinda fighter to just step to you while you just put ya guard up..Or just lay on the ropes,the long and short of it is this,if Berto don't put some work in then yes this fight will be a mismatch..

Comment

Originally posted by pvenditto88 View Post
              no way. . ortiz is a lot better boxer than berto. . . i don't know why people think berto can outbox ortiz in the center of the ring? did you not see the last fight? only chance berto has is to slug with ortiz and time that straight right hand, or uppercut. . . he has to bull rush ortiz with punches, and then clinch him up so ortiz can't get to work on the inside with his superior technique. .

ortiz has got the drop on berto in about every aspect except for raw explosiveness. .. he MUST take advantage of that if he wants to win. . he WILL NOT otubox ortiz in the center of the ring. . .

Comment

ortiz may be underestimating berto and possibly has his eye on the title rather than the fight. i see another decision in ortiz' favor but a bit closer this time. they might both be a little more cautious in the early going and the 2nd half being better this time around

Comment

I feel this fight will be alot closer than the first one with Berto carrying the momentum after wining a title compared to ortiz who is coming off a KO loss...I pick Ortiz to win this one again..Ortiz will Out work Berto and win on points.

Comment

Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
                    I feel this fight will be alot closer than the first one with Berto carrying the momentum after wining a title compared to ortiz who is coming off a KO loss...I pick Ortiz to win this one again..Ortiz will Out work Berto and win on points.
                    great point. i didnt even consider the momentum of berto coming off a win and ortiz getting knocked out. berto should be a little more confident but he can't go in blazing the guns

Comment

Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
                      i honestly thought berto wasn't dominating that fight like some make out. . . zaveck was hitting him basically just as much as berto was hitting him. . berto's punches were harder. . . if he tries to fight like that in a phone booth with ortiz, he'll get eaten alive. . . ortiz is just a better technician ESPECIALLY on the inside. . . berto is going to have to slug from the outside and use a lot of movement. .

Comment

Working...
                      X