No announcement yet.

What did Montiel do wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Montiel do wrong?

Man that was a hellacious left hook... no one can discredit Donaire on that knockout. That was a great counterhook and it shows that Donaire's eyes are truly sharp.

But I can't quite put my finger on what Montiel did to get knocked out like that. Maybe he didn't drop his head low enough, or telegraphed that right hook from left field. Stuff like this bugs me.

Either way... beautiful KO.

Glad I decided to neglect the dunk contest.

Showed up!

Comment

Agree to the fight.

Comment

...can't wait to see the other mexican hype get KO'ed(Canelo...if he ever fights someone his size)

Comment

his nuthuggers sure have gone silent. Truth is Montiel is an extremely limited fighter with excellent punching power, that's it.

Comment

got caught.....................LOL

Comment

Montiel leans forward on his front foot as his boxing stance. When he went to throw a cross, he leaned in with his whole body, opening himself up.

When you throw a cross, your weight needs to be on your back foot, rotate the hips and twist the back foot.

also, one of the main things you learn when beginning boxing is: bob / weave in the same direction as your last punch. so after a right cross, bob / weave to the right - after a left hook, bob / weave to the left. he didn't do that. if he did, he would have gone under the hook.

Comment

He landed a glancing right and looked it as if it was a piece of art. On the replay it looks like he had an "oooooooh" type reaction before Donaire connected. Crazy though, cause he started connecting more in the 2nd round but just got a little careless IMO

Comment

Left himself open for that one by trying to counter over Nonito's jab so much.

Nonito is too quick for such a telegraph counter right by Montiel.

Nonito countered the counter perfectly by setting it up with a feint.

Comment

Montiel deserves all the respect. He did not have to fight Donaire. He could've made an excuse not to face Nonito by saying Donaire is not worthy since he hasn't been fighting anyone relevant. Donaire is a beast! I don't see anyone beating this guy at 118 even Chemito, Mares, or Agbeko. But at 122 only Rigo and Nishioka will give him problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X