• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vargas Likes Pacquiao over Cotto!

Vargas Likes Pacquiao over Cotto - Bad News for Pacquiao
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009
    Posted By Dave "Large" Larzelere 11:16 AM
    In a profile today at the Visalia Times-Delta, Fernando Vargas is quoted as saying that he thinks Manny Pacquiao will defeat Miguel Cotto.

"I really think Pacquiao right now is the man to beat," Vargas said. "He’s been beating top-notch fighters. I don't think Cotto will be able to deal with him. Pacquiao is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the game. It should be a good fight, but Pacquiao will win."

In other words, Pacquiao is in trouble, because the last time Vargas was making public predictions about a fight, he was all but certain that Juan Manuel Marquez was going to beat Floyd Mayweather, offering this expert boxing analysis as his rationale - "Because Floyd is up into the wee hours, and Marquez will be ready."

In the same piece, discussing his burgeoning career as a boxing promoter (he'll be promoting the November 6th show at the Palms in Vegas featuring Zab Judah and Joel Casamayor), Vargas says this of his fighter-turned-promoter colleague, Oscar De La Hoya: "I feel me and Oscar are the face of boxing."

To sum up: He had Marquez as a lock. He thinks that he, Fernando Vargas, is the face of boxing right now. And he likes Pacquiao to beat Cotto. I'm thinking the Cotto money should start pouring into Vegas any minute now.

ever since Tito low blowed him he hates ricans

Comment

You mean ever since Tito destroyed him, he hasnt been the same.

Comment

Or maybe he genuinely believes Pacquiao will win.

Comment

I like salad and boiled Chicken over Burger King and Burritos!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MR. SMILEY View Post
            Vargas Likes Pacquiao over Cotto - Bad News for Pacquiao
            Wednesday, October 21, 2009
            Posted By Dave "Large" Larzelere 11:16 AM
            In a profile today at the Visalia Times-Delta, Fernando Vargas is quoted as saying that he thinks Manny Pacquiao will defeat Miguel Cotto.

"I really think Pacquiao right now is the man to beat," Vargas said. "He’s been beating top-notch fighters. I don't think Cotto will be able to deal with him. Pacquiao is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the game. It should be a good fight, but Pacquiao will win."

In other words, Pacquiao is in trouble, because the last time Vargas was making public predictions about a fight, he was all but certain that Juan Manuel Marquez was going to beat Floyd Mayweather, offering this expert boxing analysis as his rationale - "Because Floyd is up into the wee hours, and Marquez will be ready."

In the same piece, discussing his burgeoning career as a boxing promoter (he'll be promoting the November 6th show at the Palms in Vegas featuring Zab Judah and Joel Casamayor), Vargas says this of his fighter-turned-promoter colleague, Oscar De La Hoya: "I feel me and Oscar are the face of boxing."

To sum up: He had Marquez as a lock. He thinks that he, Fernando Vargas, is the face of boxing right now. And he likes Pacquiao to beat Cotto. I'm thinking the Cotto money should start pouring into Vegas any minute now.
            Hahahahhaha.........he actually compared his rinky dink operation to GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS???? WTF has he done???? hahaha this **** is comical.......true story!!!!!

Comment

Hahaha! He picked Marquez to beat Mayweather! This pretty much just sealed the deal Pacquiao will get destroyed by Cotto!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I thought Vargas was dead

Comment

Vargas should know. He was also never the same after taking a vicious beating.

Comment

this guy must weigh 350 pounds by now.

Comment

Working...
                    X