No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna-Miguel Zamudio on April 19, ESPN FNF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna-Miguel Zamudio on April 19, ESPN FNF

Interim featherweight world title holder Javier Fortuna will fight Miguel Zamudio on April 19th on ESPN2's Friday Night Fights, promoter Sampson Lewkowicz confirmed to BoxingScene.com Wednesday morning.

Although earlier reports had the fight taking place in Fortuna's native Dominican Republic, Lewkowicz explained that he is still attempting to secure a location for the fight to take place. That venue and city will probably be in the United States to accomdate ESPN. [Click Here To Read More]

would like to see fortuna against Russell

Comment

One of my favorite prospects, needs to shine here, wasn't particularly impressed with his performance against Hyland, especially in the late rounds.

Comment

How the hell did he go from HBO PPV to FNF? Lame ****... I guess you have to be an HBO baby or a gatekeeper like Berto to be able to get dates on there. They should talk to Showtime, they'll pick him up.

Not to mention this dude is a step down from Yundale Evans and Hyland. Hell, even a step down from Cristobal Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          would like to see fortuna against Russell
          Me too, Fortuna is a big puncher just like Russell. It's a toss up fight

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            How the hell did he go from HBO PPV to FNF? Lame ****... I guess you have to be an HBO baby or a gatekeeper like Berto to be able to get dates on there. They should talk to Showtime, they'll pick him up.

Not to mention this dude is a step down from Yundale Evans and Hyland. Hell, even a step down from Cristobal Cruz.
            So he gets an easy first interim defense, that's not unreasonable, he had a tough streak. The only way this gets shown on HBO is if he signs with Haymon. Or GBP, if Showtime is the target.

Comment

Comment

If Fortuna was with Al Haymon he would be on HBO and already would of had 6 fights on the network and people will be talking about him as if he is the next P4P king.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

It's good for Fortuna, he needs as much exposure as he can get since he's not well known. Being on ESPN for now is probably best for him, he isn't ready for the big stage yet as for as being on HBO and the likes..

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    It's good for Fortuna, he needs as much exposure as he can get since he's not well known. Being on ESPN for now is probably best for him, he isn't ready for the big stage yet as for as being on HBO and the likes..
                    Haha, yeah as if Thurman, Mayfield and the other Haymon fighters deserve to be on there with the guys they get matched up with.

Comment

Working...
                    X