Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone who drinks alcohol criticize someone who smokes weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Thats one hell of a generalization. All kinds of different people smoke.
    But the vast majority come from the three groups of students, hippies or criminals. A guy who runs a business and smokes weed doesn't negate y generalisation any more than it would be reasonable to claim that a magistrate using heroin means that "all kinds of people shoot up smack".

Comment

I'm just back from Holland and the weed there is different to here .I used to smoke when I was a boy and almost didn't get any secondry education but I got my life sorted after and stopped ( now i'm a driver ) Today I got to admit I would rather have a beer than a smoke .I had only 4 draws of a joint in Eindhoven last week and went straight to my bed ( didn't enjoy it ) Tbh i'm neutral maybe it should be legalised the stuff in Holland is supposed to be alot better than here .Time before that time in Amsterdam I was tripping off a joint .That time the guy said it was the best gear in Holland ( ice ) Hope to f--k that is isolator hash and not ice crystal . Tbh though alot more violence and bloodshed happens through booze than weed so I think it should be legalized .We're a dilluded nation i've not seen equiv 1 in 10 fit girls Scot to Dutch since I got back .Horrible atleast you stay half in shape smoking weed to binge drinking . .Got to admit though I like my booze too much .

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Newsflash: Almost everyone drinks alcohol. Almost everyone who drinks alcohol does so sensibly. A tiny proportion of society smokes weed. Almost everyone who smokes weed is a dosser, a ne'er do well or a shiftless jobshy scruff.

The existence of a few percentiles of problem drinkers does not make alcohol the greatest evil in the world and the existence of a few percentiles of respectable weed smokers does not make smoking weed a habit of distinction.
        True but everyday on the news I hear about people getting in car accidents and deaths while driving drunk (hell I even crashed my car and almost died because of it). People getting shot/stabbed at clubs/bars and even family birthday parties. I've had friends taken to the ER because they OD'ed on booze. It (alcohol) is a very serious problem not only in the US but world wide. Granted smoking anything can give you cancer in the long run(tar and especially heat is bad for your lungs.)

Comment

I should point out that I'm in favour of legalising weed (and all drugs) but that doesn't mean that people who do drugs aren't largely scummy.

Comment

Originally posted by mehoe View Post
            True but everyday on the news I hear about people getting in car accidents and deaths while driving drunk (hell I even crashed my car and almost died because of it). People getting shot/stabbed at clubs/bars and even family birthday parties. I've had friends taken to the ER because they OD'ed on booze. It (alcohol) is a very serious problem not only in the US but world wide.
            Essentially 100% of people drink alcohol to some degree or another. Very few people by comparison smoke weed to some extent. If 100% of people drink alcohol (and this is statistically speaking - some people abstain for various reasons but they're a less than 1% minority) then inevitably some of those people are going to be dodgy sorts.

People who drink and drive can piss off. On foot. Or by cab. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
              I'm just back from Holland and the weed there is different to here .I used to smoke when I was a boy and almost didn't get any secondry education but I got my life sorted after and stopped ( now i'm a driver ) Today I got to admit I would rather have a beer than a smoke .I had only 4 draws of a joint in Eindhoven last week and went straight to my bed ( didn't enjoy it ) Tbh i'm neutral maybe it should be legalised the stuff in Holland is supposed to be alot better than here .Time before that time in Amsterdam I was tripping off a joint .That time the guy said it was the best gear in Holland ( ice ) Hope to f--k that is isolator hash and not ice crystal . Tbh though alot more violence and bloodshed happens through booze than weed so I think it should be legalized .We're a dilluded nation i've not seen equiv 1 in 10 fit girls Scot to Dutch since I got back .Horrible atleast you stay half in shape smoking weed to binge drinking . .Got to admit though I like my booze too much .
              Hopefully something similar to this .
              Last edited by alza1988; 08-03-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

But the vast majority come from the three groups of students, hippies or criminals. A guy who runs a business and smokes weed doesn't negate y generalisation any more than it would be reasonable to claim that a magistrate using heroin means that "all kinds of people shoot up smack".
                When I was a pothead I was a highschool student. I slowed down in college. When i was a pothead, I didnt preach at all. Ironically I was under the impression that weed was much worse for you than it actually is. It wasn't until years later that I realized it wasn't that bad. However, I dislike the effects and hardly ever smoke.
                Last edited by Derranged; 08-03-2012, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Gold ice olator .

Comment

I should point out that I'm in favour of legalising weed (and all drugs) but that doesn't mean that people who do drugs aren't largely scummy.
                    Most people who do drugs are largely scum? because you say so? Stupid generalisation all kinds of people smoke cannabis just like all kinds of people drink.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      Ive met plenty of heavy drinkers in the uk who think everyone who uses illegal drugs are scum.

Many drinkers dont acknowledge that alcohol is a drug.
                      It is a drug but not an illegal drug.

Comment

Working...
                      X