Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first memory of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm young so... I was in Vegas with my PW football team the weekend of the ODLH-PAC fight.
    We were at a restaurant when it went down and I kept watching parts of the fight. I naturally liked ODLH (for some reason) and hated Pacquiao for about three years for what he did

When I came back into boxing it was with Bute-Pascal, right in the aftermath of Broner-Maidana, so I caught up quickly.

Comment

I'd assume that I'd seen fights before then, but the first one that always sticks out in my memory is Azumah Nelson vs Jesse James Leija. Can't remember if it was their 1st/2nd/3rd fight, though.

Remember seeing Julio Cesar Chavez around that time, and I was hooked from that point

Comment

Seeing Tyson bite Holyfields ear on the news the day after.

Comment

either tyson bruno 2 or prince nas fighting on itv not sure which was earlier

Comment

tyson holyfield ear incident, i think i was 9 by then

Comment

The first boxing related thing I think I recall is Larry Holmes in a Burger King commercial, but I may have made that up.

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
                I'm young so... I was in Vegas with my PW football team the weekend of the ODLH-PAC fight.
                We were at a restaurant when it went down and I kept watching parts of the fight. I naturally liked ODLH (for some reason) and hated Pacquiao for about three years for what he did

When I came back into boxing it was with Bute-Pascal, right in the aftermath of Broner-Maidana, so I caught up quickly.
                Haha I became a fan of PAC after he destroyed my fave boxer at the time in hatton....hated him but couldn't deny what I saw

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  I'd assume that I'd seen fights before then, but the first one that always sticks out in my memory is Azumah Nelson vs Jesse James Leija. Can't remember if it was their 1st/2nd/3rd fight, though.

Remember seeing Julio Cesar Chavez around that time, and I was hooked from that point
                  Nelson will be lost on most.....Ghana's finest

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    The first boxing related thing I think I recall is Larry Holmes in a Burger King commercial, but I may have made that up.
                    Sounds plausible haha

Comment

Looks like it was KFC
                      http://youtu.be/5IsYiwSrX4g

Comment

Working...
                      X