No announcement yet.

Honestly, does anyone realistically think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, does anyone realistically think

that Lara is actually going to win against Canelo?

1) He probably can't stop him
    2) All Canelo has to do is win about 5 rounds and he should in the worst case scenario get a SD

Picking Canelo by UD/SD is as safe a bet as Mayweather by UD in this instance.

Your thoughts?

Two words. Al Haymon.

I know Trout was a Haymon fighter too but Floyd/Canelo was on the table at that point.

Comment

lara ain't Floyd. he's not slick enough to run away from Cenlo all night. Look at what slow ass Angulo did to him.. You know that chinny cubastan mf getting his ass whooped.

Comment

Canelo is fighting an al haymon fighter and al haymon is rivals with GBP and al haymon fighters are notoriously known for getting decisions they didnt deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Two words. Al Haymon.

I know Trout was a Haymon fighter too but Floyd/Canelo was on the table at that point.
          Floyd might still be looking at canelo as a future option, there's always the he was young but he's back better than ever which i'm sure his die hard fans will eat up. Plus i doubt GBP matchmakers would have allowed this fight if they deemed it risky. I don't see lara outclassing canelo like floyd did or stopping him; more likely a repeat of the trout fight which the judges will very easily give canelo the W.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
            lara ain't Floyd. he's not slick enough to run away from Cenlo all night. Look at what slow ass Angulo did to him.. You know that chinny cubastan mf getting his ass whooped.
            This!! The matchmakers at GBP know as much. Has there been a poll on this fight here and what is the general sentiment?

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
              Floyd might still be looking at canelo as a future option, there's always the he was young but he's back better than ever which i'm sure his die hard fans will eat up. Plus i doubt GBP matchmakers would have allowed this fight if they deemed it risky. I don't see lara outclassing canelo like floyd did or stopping him; more likely a repeat of the trout fight which the judges will very easily give canelo the W.
              Maybe. It is what it is. I'm just going to enjoy the fight and use my own judgement. If you get caught up on who will get robbed its impossible to enjoy any of these great fights.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
                Lara is a much better fighter than Trout, which was proven when they fought

I had Trout-Alvarez 7-5 for Trout

Saul has improved, but Erislandy is a much better southpaw outfighter than Trout is.

I expect Erislandy to win 9 or so rounds

Comment

lara will get robbed on the cards. my gut feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    Lara is a much better fighter than Trout, which was proven when they fought

I had Trout-Alvarez 7-5 for Trout

Saul has improved, but Erislandy is a much better southpaw outfighter than Trout is.

I expect Erislandy to win 9 or so rounds
                    I think you'd need more than 9 rounds to get a UD against canelo lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X