Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Merqui Sosa: whats your thoughts on this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO it wasn't a terrible stoppage Sosa had stopped punching I guess like Harold said the ref should of given him a standing 8 but meh it wasn't terrible IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post

Watched this again the other night. It has to be one of the most entertaining Jones fights I've ever watched. Does anyone here know why there wasnt a rematch? Sosa's people were real unhappy with the premature stoppage.
      I thought the stoppage was premature but come on, bud. It wasn't like Sosa was doing anything. I didn't want a Calzaghe-Manfredo rematch either lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        I thought the stoppage was premature but come on, bud. It wasn't like Sosa was doing anything. I didn't want a Calzaghe-Manfredo rematch either lol.
        lmao

I was watching that fight and thinking, who is this agreesive fighter coming forward and trying to get his opponent out of there from round 1? Thats not the Jones I know

Comment

Not too long before Jones fought Sosa, Ring magazine had named Sosa's chin the best in boxing. Perhaps it was a curse because after that, Sosa seemed to lose it. At the time I didn't have a big problem with the stoppage because Sosa wasn't throwing back but it was quick.

But not in comparision to the way they stop fights today.
          Last edited by TBear; 05-22-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X