No announcement yet.

Allan Green should get a title shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vladimir303 View Post
    Ha great, went from "he can't beat any of the title holders" to he can beat two of em, dissing Froch in the process.

Like I said, you're feeling threatened. You're a lighter version of Wlad_Ownz

Froch is garbage though.

I'd love to see Kessler-Green in the future, and take your points.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
      green has a lot of growing to do, his inactivity has set him back as well as his personal health issues regarding his colon. much symapthy there, i know how improtant your colon is for your health, so no joking there.

but green hasnt' really done much for a title shot, if anything, he has been moved a long a little to fast, as to where he was once talking about a fight with calzaghe for his next bout ( not his up coming fight but the one after a espn fight a year and some change ago), and when he did step up he lost, but that loss is a gray area because of his health issues, so now that all that is done, green has to build himself back up and into postion. without properly preparing himself and getting his skills back up and sharpened, he's dead in the water. i like green, i think that he makes for some exciting fights, but he has to build back up and fight some young tough fighters, some contenders, before he gets a title shot, i don't think he's ready yet...... when he was talking about fighting calzaghe, at that time, if he did get that fight, it would've looked exactly like the manfredo fight, no experience against a king of experience........... it would've been a nasty fight for green.....

smart, busy, and improving the competition, within a full active year, green could be a serious contender for a world title, if he goes for it before, then i give him a punchers chance, and thats about it ( against the top 5)
      Common, he can't get any better then he is now. The reason the guy took a break in the first place is because he has been one of the busiest contenders out there, fighting on ESPN every other month. He got tired of it and wanted big fights and didn't get them. Now he is back with a new promoter looking for bigger fights, not ESPN FnF against contenders below him.

He has been a Ring Magazine Top 10 contender for years now and should get his title shot ASAP. He aint gonna get any better and he has made it clear that he is not interested in being a stepping stone for young and up comers. If he does that, the only thing that can happen is him coming in unfocused and getting knocked down or out like he did against Donnie McRacy.
      Last edited by Vladimir303; 01-01-2009, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't back against Green against many of the 168lbs. I feel Green is underrated, because of his performance against Miranda.

Green has a realistic chance against most 160lbs, because a lot of them aint that good imo.

There are a lot of good 168lbs, but none of them are elite. A lot of the current 168lbs are capable of beating each other, because they are on the same level imo.

Comment

Common, he can't get any better then he is now. The reason the guy took a break in the first place is because he has been one of the busiest contenders out there, fighting on ESPN every other month.

He has been a Ring Magazine Top 10 contender for years now and should get his title shot ASAP. He aint gonna get any better and he has made it clear that he is not interested in being a stepping stone for young and up comers. If he does that, the only thing that can happen is him coming in unfocused and getting knocked down or out like he did against Donnie McRacy.
          He was down 3 (?) times against Miranda and badly hurt against McCrary. Imagine what Kessler, Bute and top contenders like Taylor, Andrade and Bika would do to him. Yes, I said Bika.. Bika would knock Allan Green out.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
            Froch is garbage though.

I'd love to see Kessler-Green in the future, and take your points.
            Well make sure you hit me up too, because i dont believe Kessler is anywhere near as good as people make him out to be. He is probably the best of the bunch, but he is very beatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              Well make sure you hit me up too, because i dont believe Kessler is anywhere near as good as people make him out to be. He is probably the best of the bunch, but he is very beatable.
              I'm not saying he is unbeatable.

I will hit you up too.

Comment

He was down 3 (?) times against Miranda and badly hurt against McCrary. Imagine what Kessler, Bute and top contenders like Taylor, Andrade and Bika would do to him. Yes, I said Bika.. Bika would knock Allan Green out.

Like Kid Dynamite said above your post. Because of those knockdown, Green is being underrated. The nature of most fans in here is - you're only as good as your last performance -.

This guy had legitimate excuses in those knockdowns and loss to Miranda. He had colon problems against Miranda and still knocked him down once in the fight.

He is better then those fights. He is more then just a power punher, he has accuracy and a great jab and he is specimen physically. And I can't imagine Bute doing anything to him but getting decapitated and taken out of there. That guy is weak and he showed it the worst way in his last fight.
                Last edited by Vladimir303; 01-01-2009, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I'm not saying he is unbeatable.

I will hit you up too.

Nice one

Comment

Oh man, I feel bad just for waisting my time responding to you. You're feeling threatened again like Wlad is with anybody being mentioned for even having a slight shot at beating Klitschko. But I'll respond one last time.

Like Kid Dynamite said above your post. Because of those knockdown, Green is being underrated. The nature of most fans in here is - you're only as good as your last performance -.

This guy had legitimate excuses in those knockdowns and loss to Miranda. He had colon problems against Miranda and still knocked him down once in the fight.

He is better then those fights. He is more then just a power punher, he has accuracy and a great jab and he is specimen physically.
                    I'm still not being threatened at all.
                    I'm saying a guy like McCrary hurt Green badly, because Green was careless. Just like Sartison caught Kessler with a big shot when Kessler looked careless.

Any word on who he fights next?

Comment

I'm still not being threatened at all.
                      I'm saying a guy like McCrary hurt Green badly, because Green was careless. Just like Sartison caught Kessler with a big shot when Kessler looked careless.

Any word on who he fights next?
                      That's what I said in the long post you responded to when the other poster suggested that Green should fight some young guys and get back to being active.

He stopped being active because he got bored fighting non-contenders that don't lead to anything bigger or a title shot.

He needs big fights, an eliminator or a immediate title shot to train hard and be focused. And NO......no word of his next fight yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X