Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats a good time for a 5 mile run?

just after taking a massive dump is a good time

Comment

im not there yet, but 5 miles in 30 minutes is my goal- steady 6 minute miles. i am at 4 miles in just under 30 minutes when i'm in good shape, so i have a ways to go. im coming off an ankle sprain though, so im just getting back into my roadwork. did 3 miles today in 23 and change which is kinda weak, but i am not pushin it too hard yet...

Comment

Originally posted by James78 View Post
        I read a cool book about running last week, it's called "what I talk about when I talk about running" by Haruki Murakami. He's an awesome author whou just happens to love long distance running, the book is about his love of running, it's inspirational I felt like going for a long run after so I tried and was knackered after about 25 mins.
        wow. i never heard of this book and i love marukami. i read norwegian wood, kafka on the shore, after the quake ( a short stories compilation), the wind-up bird chronicle, and sputnik sweetheart. i have to find this book! thanks!

Comment

I'll probably start upping my pace a little bit. I need to build my stamina because (its not strictly for boxing) I do kyokushin and I have a competition and grading coming up in the next couple of months and for the competition i want to have ridiculous stamina to wear down my opponent to always keep him on the back foot. i could potentially be fighting 5 times (if I am as good as I think I am) so i want to be the freshest guy there come the end.

I broke my finger and fractured a rib over the summer so my usual routine pretty much ground to a halt over the summer, but now I have a clean bill of health i want to advance my cardio workout. Its amazing how 2 month of downtime decreases your fitness. **** I found easy a few months back i struggle with now. I do the 5 miles 3 times a week by the middle of November I wanna be hitting under 35 by the looks of it!

Comment

I currently do 3 mile in just under 20mins but I try and do it at a fast pace. My run is just around the local park and country lane, getting abit too muddy at the moment.

Comment

My mile run's i run at a fast pace, but my long distance run's (3 or more mile's) i go at a good steady pace. It takes me about 30 minutes for a 3 mile run but i think you can even jog slow for your long distance run's in boxing. as long as you do your mile run's fast.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                Any young athlete should be able to do 35 minutes or less.
                I dont know about that keeping that pace is hard for alot of people

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
                  You build up to it slowly. Just keep plodding away and you'll get fitter and faster. Whenever peopel hear 5miles a day or 1000 press ups they all get scared like it has to be done overnight!

the best tiem to run will be different for everyone. i prefer early morning when you just wake up and can hear the birds sing. it boosts my energy for the day and I feel refreshed.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
                    He said ATHLETE not PEOPLE, theres a big difference. Most PEOPLE dont have the balls to work hard if theyre not getting paid and even then theyll slack off when nobodies looking.

Theres people that box and then theres athletes that box. The real difference between the two is the athletes bust theyre ass when nobodies looking an keep pushing themselves past their comfort zone. Thats why athletes can do such awesome ****.

The people just try to LOOK like theyre working hard (when somebody is watching) and lack the integrity & guts to do all the stuff athletes do that hurts, without having others cheer them on.

Comment

Working...
                    X