Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so, no post on the baseball's future GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    He is from my town so one day i went and saw one of csns games kid is good.
    at 5.06

he's supposed to be a catcher but since it takes a while for catchers to learn the position, they're gonna try to make him an OF. i think they're jumping the gun with him on that.

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
    Yeah that was pretty impressive, but all the hype is getting annoying. Yeah besidies Ubaldo Jiminez he probably has the sickest stuff in the majors already, but they are already talking about him being a HOFamer, and the best of all time. Damn let the kid have a chance first. From the way they are talking they might as well just give him the cy young.

Remember Kerry Wood in his 5th start ever struck out 20 and then had some good years and fizzled out. Mark Prior was the next greatest and then injuries derailed him. It's way too early to predict what Strasburg is gonna do.
    i know, and even though it was the pirates, i wasn't expecting 14 strike outs on 94 pitches in his first game. I'm actually getting interested in baseball again because of strasburg.

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHAΩMEGA View Post
      i know, and even though it was the pirates, i wasn't expecting 14 strike outs on 94 pitches in his first game. I'm actually getting interested in baseball again because of strasburg.
      That's cool. Even if it's one guy that get's people to watch baseball more or again Im good with.

I just get annoyed with the hype. I mean in the past few days Strasburg has gotten more press than basically any player in the league all year and all he's done so far is pitch one game. Albeit a pretty impressive showing no doubt. The thing is Ubaldo Jiminez is having a historic season so far and has gotten press, but outside of people here in Colorado people still don't realize how good this guy is. He throws just as hard as Strasburg and on the average probably harder and has just as dirty other pitches. Why not the hype for him?

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
        That's cool. Even if it's one guy that get's people to watch baseball more or again Im good with.

I just get annoyed with the hype. I mean in the past few days Strasburg has gotten more press than basically any player in the league all year and all he's done so far is pitch one game. Albeit a pretty impressive showing no doubt. The thing is Ubaldo Jiminez is having a historic season so far and has gotten press, but outside of people here in Colorado people still don't realize how good this guy is. He throws just as hard as Strasburg and on the average probably harder and has just as dirty other pitches. Why not the hype for him?

Comment

I sense a similar future for Strasburg...

Comment

Working...
          X